disney

guk

Just a quick question about WDW florida, does anyone know how strict they are with kids ages for enterance into the theme parks as our DD will be 3 and a half and it just seems so expensive for her (almost the same as ours)? ALso any advice on the cheapest way to do WDW as it seems in the uk the 14 day passes are the same price as 7 day passes, is there any way to save 7 days for later in the year if we got a 14 day pass?

I'm not at all familiar with the tickets for UK residents; here in the US we can add a "no expiration" option to tickets to save unused days for the future; perhaps that is what may be available to you with the 14-day UK tickets.

As for the age...at 3 1/2 your child is 18 months older than permitted for free entrance to the theme parks. Expensive or not, admission is required for those aged 3 and above...and at that age there really is quite a lot that a child that age may do and enjoy...so please pay accordingly.

I agree... pay the price for your 3.5 year old... you would hate to have a CM ask your daughter how old she is at the gates, and for her to:

1) Tell them the truth, and as a result, forcing you to buy a last minute ticket (more expensive than buying in advance)

2) Learn that it is ok to lie.

Neither is a good idea. There are many sites you can order discounted tickets... check out mousesavers for ideas.

Disney is FOR and ABOUT kids. They should pay full fare...It's the adults that should get the reduced rates...EM

Much as we'd love reduced adult rates, I have to disagree about Disney being primarily for kids or families with children. Both Disneyland/California Adventure and WDW have evolved over the years to include many adult-oriented and adults-only venues and activities. Even Walt Disney himself said that Disneyland and later WDW were intended to be for "children of all ages." When we visit without children, we never feel like "Oh this is for children, what are we doing here..." except certain areas such as Toon Town, of course, but then again, we don't go to those areas anyway.

Thanks for the chuckle about reduced adult rates though. It would be lovely.:D

beachchick

We were just there in February with our 2.5 year old and 7 year old. We went this year because William was free before 3.

At the ticket counter, before you enter, you should be able to add the "no expiration" condition on your tickets. I am not sure, but you may need to use them within a year. You should call the WDW number for tickets to find out.

Also try researching allears.net - it has soooo much information about WDW in order to maximize the time you have. It also has great forums like CC with tons of info.

I was at Disneyland and witnessed a CM asking a child their age. The kid told the truth and they were not allowed in and were told they had to go buy a ticket. It was quite a scene!

On the expiration, find out BEFORE you buy if you can add non expiration to the tickets. If not it may be a total waste of money. I am not sure all tickets can be upgraded. Also, look in to the annual pass. If you are going two times in a year it may be cheaper in the long run. Annual pass holders sometimes get much better hotel discounts at WDW hotels. One trip I bought 1 AP because the discount was so good for the hotels, it was a better deal.

Jen in SoCal

Archived