Best Family Excursion out of Cozumel?

Mr. Baloo

I really appreciate your opinions.

We have been to Cozumel several times, but always with a group of party goers.... this time we are with the kids so we will have to tame it down a bit.

Also, are their any family cantinas? maybe a local place where you can get some food and drinks with the kids in tow?

Thanks

We loved Paradise Beach.

You can do it on your own, rather than through Carnival. However, Carnival also has an excursion there.

It's a $13 taxi ride each way (up to four people).

There is no admission, but they expect you to eat and drink while you are there. Our family of four spent around $95 with tip, which included two buckets of beer, four sodas, and food for all of us.

Wristbands to use the water toys are $10 pp.

Locker rental is $4.

It is clean, and the service is great.

We lov Xcaret - have been once and are going back again in December. There is something there for everyone - mayan ruins, snorkeling, swimming with dolphins, snuba, swimming with sharks, shows, jaguar island, butterflies, aquarium, and more.

The first time we swam in the underground river - it was awesome! Then we just hit there beautiful beach for awhile, went across a rope bridge over a cenote, saw the ruins, and played with the birds. We barely saw 1/2 of the place and cannot wait to go back.

Last time the kids were 9, 12, 15, and 20 and a good time was had by all.

I second Paradise beach. We were there in April and had a great time.

If you're going to walk the strip, I recommend going to the end and in the Back of Los Cinco Soles is Pancho's Backyard. Real authentic Mexican food and whopping margaritas. Take a cab back to the port, because after a couple of margaritas you won't be able to walk.:eek:

We loved Xcaret, too! Just google their website for an idea of what to do there. GREAT restaurant on site. However it is on the mainland, so there's a fairly lengthy boat ride over there and back.

On Cozumel itself, we enjoyed Chankanaab. There is a nice swimming/snorkelling area, a mayan village recreation, walking trails, and a big swim with dolphins area with its own private resort pool. Easy to get to by cab, and with reasonable ticket prices at the gate. You can google that, too, to get an idea what it's like. Great restaurants here, too with nice Mexican platters for good prices.

have fun with the kiddos!

we've done Cozumel 10 or 12 times, usually with kids who have grown from 5 or 6 to preteen during that time.

Most of the time we rent a car, and see the back side of the island, and some how end up and Mr. Sanchos - we like it better than playa mia, paradise and Nachi comb.

If you're looking for an outstanding first snorkel experience Chachakanabb (sp) is always a great first timer's stop.

The best family excursion we did through the ship was the Twister speed boats to Passion Island. (Our Avitar picture was taken there).

Biggest dissapointment (also through the ship) was the Fury Catamarans.

We are doing Cozumel with a 3 year old and 8 month old. Would Chakkanuub (sp?)suit us? Is there shade for the 8 month old? I was looking into doing the dolphin encounter with our 3 year old and myself. Would he be allowed to do it at that age? How far and $$ is the cab ride there?

Thanks again,

KT

Did Paradise beach offer horse back riding? The beach I went to at Cozumel had horses off the the side and you were able to ride them on the beach. I thought that was cool. But I can not recall where I was. I know I thought to myself "I wish the kids were here, they would love this beach."

We just did the Twister boat out to Isla Pasion & loved it. Our kids were not with us this time & we just kept talking about how much they would have loved it. The boat ride is fast & well, twisty. Isla Pasion is a private island that has a buffet & drinks that are included in the excursion. There are chairs, tables, kayaks, paddle boats & normally a water trampoline that are all included. The water trampoline was out for repair when we were there. There was a land trampoline & playground available for kids as well. There were real bathrooms and showers for rinsing off. They had massages available at additional charge as well as snorkel equipment - I think you paid $10 but got $5 back after returning the equipment. There were some huts where you could buy souvenirs - everything from jewelry to carvings to glassware to t-shirts. DH & I just lounged around, reading for a while, then going out to swim.

Did Paradise beach offer horse back riding? The beach I went to at Cozumel had horses off the the side and you were able to ride them on the beach. I thought that was cool. But I can not recall where I was. I know I thought to myself "I wish the kids were here, they would love this beach."

Paradise Beach did not have horses.

We are doing Cozumel with a 3 year old and 8 month old. Would Chakkanuub (sp?)suit us? Is there shade for the 8 month old? I was looking into doing the dolphin encounter with our 3 year old and myself. Would he be allowed to do it at that age? How far and $$ is the cab ride there?

Thanks again,

KT

The cab prices and entry fee varies pretty regularly - but it always works out cheaper than what the ship is charging.

There is shade, and a very nice mini lagoon that is ideal for an 8 month old to "get his/her feet wet.". There is shade, but please be careful with the heat this time of year - and bring stong sunscreen.

Dolphin encounter may be too much for a three year old as you have to stand on a submerged catwalk, in a life vest I think DD was 6 when we did it.

Nochi Cocum is beautiful and relaxing. The guys there wait on you all day and the food is great! The beach is soft and the water is clear. There is a huge pool, hot tub, swim up bar. We have gone about 5 times now and can't wait to get back! (even when we fly to Cozumel we come here) You book through Island Marketing.

sorry new to this , 1st time cruising and well i was wondering if there is a charge to get into mr.sancho's and what is included. i looked on the website but i really didn't list a price just for the tequila class. any information for our sept cruise would be appreciated. :p

• 3 weeks later...
we've done Cozumel 10 or 12 times, usually with kids who have grown from 5 or 6 to preteen during that time.

Most of the time we rent a car, and see the back side of the island, and some how end up and Mr. Sanchos - we like it better than playa mia, paradise and Nachi comb.

If you're looking for an outstanding first snorkel experience Chachakanabb (sp) is always a great first timer's stop.

The best family excursion we did through the ship was the Twister speed boats to Passion Island. (Our Avitar picture was taken there).

Biggest dissapointment (also through the ship) was the Fury Catamarans.

Please tell me more about Twister. We have scheduled this excursion through the ship for our Nov 1 cruise. Should I wear a bathing suit on board and just carry a change of dry clothes to walk about later for shopping? Are there any dry spots on the boat (probably not)? Are the hammocks for rent or just first come first serve? Were the bathrooms clean? Thanks.

Please tell me more about Twister. We have scheduled this excursion through the ship for our Nov 1 cruise. Should I wear a bathing suit on board and just carry a change of dry clothes to walk about later for shopping? Are there any dry spots on the boat (probably not)? Are the hammocks for rent or just first come first serve? Were the bathrooms clean? Thanks.

Wear a swimsuit on the boat. They have a dry area up front for your bags, towels, cameras, etc. You don't need a change of clothes on Isla Pasion. However, when you get back, you may want to change for shopping at the dock. I just used my coverup, though. You could also go back to the ship & change if you wanted to.

Thank you. I just reviewed the schedule and we'll only have an hour from the end of the excursion until the ship leaves port. Therefore, I won't need to worry about "shopping clothes" (-: I've got a cover up to hide the rolls (-: Thanks again.

Wear a swimsuit on the boat. They have a dry area up front for your bags, towels, cameras, etc. You don't need a change of clothes on Isla Pasion. However, when you get back, you may want to change for shopping at the dock. I just used my coverup, though. You could also go back to the ship & change if you wanted to.

One last question. Will the ship allow us to take a towel off of the ship for the excursion or do we need to bring one from home? Thanks.

Archived