QM2 Formal Nights on 5-nighter

Pistachio42

That's pretty much it. However be aware that QM2 is a bit more formal than some other lines. WE did a crossing in October and we were in the Princess Grill and Formal was pretty much as you see on HAL etc -but casual was a bit dressier. Matching outfits and more Country-Club than really casual. I don't think I SAW a pair of jeans on the whole crossing- but, of course- there were no "on shore" days at all.....It was a MARVELOUS cruise -and DH can't wait to go on a longer cruise in the QM2!!!!

Anne

:confused: Hmmm.... I am going on the same cruise and called Cunard and got a different answer. I was told 2nd night formal, 3rd night informal, 4th night formal - others would be casual! Anyone know which is the correct answer?? I'm packing tonight and I think I may need to bring an extra outfit just in case.

rosepoint: You're going on the 01/03 5-nighter on QM2?? I started a thread on Roll Calls for this cruise but no one but me ever posted there. Hopefully BW and I won't be allllll alone on this cruise. I assume your travel agent advised that Cunard has substitued Tortola for San Juan due to "operational reasons."

Anyone: So what is it .. 1 or 2 formal nights? Wife says she'll err on the side of taking an extra outfit.

Tom & Donna

• 2 weeks later...

Well, just back from the 5 nighter, and I received wrong information from Cunard. The others on the board were correct. It was 2 formal nights and 3 casual. I am very sorry if my information caused anyone any problems. It turned out fine for us as I was working under the assumption of informal being suit for men and cocktail dress for women...(oh I left before the other messages were posted about the possibility of the 2 formal nights).

Anyway, I will post a brief review later today, but was curious about how others felt about the cruise last week. There seemed to be a lot of unhappy people on board, and after embarkation that was understandable, but we had a wonderful time with that exception.

Sorry I missed your post prior to going on the cruise. Turns out that even what we were told about the number of formal/informal/casual nights was wrong too.

I am trying to post a review of the cruise but I'm having trouble getting my messages to load. However, we really did enjoy the cruise. We also heard lots of grumbling people and couldn't figure out why. With the exception of embarkation this cruise was similar to every other cruise we've taken. The food was better than Princess with less selections but similar quality to Radisson. Radisson carries your trays for you in the Lido restaurants but I noticed that waiters were assisting elderly and handicapped individuals when we were in Kings Court. The ship was gorgeous with more than enough to do for 5 days, our cabin was great (and we were worried about that after being on Radisson), and the level of service we received was acceptable. So overall if the price was right we would love to go on this ship again. Glad to hear that someone else was happy (we were beginning to think we were in the middle of a convention of grumpy people!). :D

Archived