Le Richelieu in the French Quarter

Runner Girl

Based on feedback I've read here and Tripadvisor, I have changed my post cruise reservation from Maison St. Charles to LeRichelieu. LeRichelieu was very reasonable $120 per night + tax and has had very positive reviews on trip advisor. Maison St. Charles is cheaper, but outside the FQ. I'm pretty excited about the change and since we'll only be there 2 nights, we really want to be where things are happening.

Anyone familiar with this hotel?

Yes, I walked by it several times a few weeks ago. A very quiet area of the FQ - you are 12 blocks down from Canal- so you have a walk most anywhere- easily doable without limitations. You are pretty close to the Riverfront street car stop. This location is ideal for Frenchman- consider spending time there, excellent music- consider Snug Harbor especially if you can get tickets for Ellis Marcellus. Also the Spotted Cat across the street if the Jazz Vipers are playing, and lastly eat at least once at the Praline Connection!!

Ditto to what Budget Queen said. It's a nice hotel in a good location, not far from the partying on Bourbon Street but far enough away to be fairly quiet.

The area Budget Queen mentioned is called Faubourg Marigny, just across Esplanade. Lots of good untouristy reataurants and music clubs.

As it happened, the day after Christmas, my daughter's apartment in the Quarter had a small fire, and we had to vacate for two days. We stayed at Le Richelieu, and were very pleased with our accommodations. I have visited friends who have stayed there in the past, but have never had occasion to be a guest myself until last week.

I was impressed with the cleanliness and friendly staff. Our room (two queen beds) was lovely, with 14-ft. ceilings, kitchenette behind a huge mirrored wall, and a small balcony. It was still under the "Papa Noel" rate - which was $79 for each night - with comp. parking. (Their parking is always comp.)

Since I grew up around the Quarter, I think it's very easy to get around from Le Richelieu to anywhere else in the area...and certainly much better to be located in the opposite direction from Canal.

Archived