A couple of random questions

Traval

Our tickets arrived today for our October cruise.Now I can officially start to get excited.

I do have a couple of questions though which someone may be able to answer for me please.

How does 'on board credit' work.We have this for the first time included in the cost.Is the amount just deducted from your account at the end of the cruise?

Boarding will start at 1pm and we sail at 8pm.Will any food i.e. lunch or afternoon tea be served before dinner?I remember last time having a few nibbly bits in the lounge whilst we completed formalities but don't recall anything else.It's a long time to go from hotel breakfast at 8am until dinner at 7.30pm.

Val

The onboard credit will appear on your final statement as such. As you purchase things it applies toward your final charges, whatever they may be.

As for boarding, there have always been sandwiches, etc., available.

Enjoy your Cruise. We will be taking the Nov. 28 repo from Lisbon to St. Maartin.

Been a while since we sailed Windstar and have a Jan. 9 Costa Rica cruise booked....gratuities are now "tacked on"?? Last time we sailed Windstar, I recall it was totally up to us.

Not anymore. You will have $12 a day, per person, added to your shipboard charges to cover gratuities. In addition, each drink purchased will have an automatic 15% tip included.

However, they have a promotion going on now; if you book a 2010 or 2011 cruise and pay your cruise fare in full at least six months in advance of your cruise, gratuities are included. Bar tip not included. This started 03 August 2009. No idea how long this promotion will last.

Hi,

We're also on the TA on NOv 28th.

I started a roll call a while back, but no one ever responded.

We're Kelly and Helaine Morrow from Jacksonville Fl. We're in our early 60's and love to travel and cruise.

We'll be getting to Lisbon 2 days early for some sightseeing.

Hope to see you on board. Helaine

:cool: Hi Kelly and Helaine. Welcome to the Crossing. We are Marilyn and Dick and have done a Windstar Crossing 11 times previously. As you will discover, there will be many repeaters from everywhere. It is a great trip being at sea for 14 days but don't expect alot of entertainment, as the passengers are their own. If I can answer any Q's, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Marilyn and Dick,

We've been on the Windsurf in Italy, and several other ships for crossings, but not Windstar for a crossing. We're really looking foward to it, as we love the days at sea, and are pretty self entertaining.(although I wish they had bingo) We'll read, etc. How early are you going to Lisbon, and what airline are you flying on to get there? Helaine

We're also flying out of Newark, on TAP. We're staying at The Heritage Ave Liberdade Hotel. We've also been to Lisbon before.............

We should start a roll call for this sailing. I hope we get to go, and that they don't go belly up. Helaine

:D Helaine- We fly on Continental. My wife and I are former Hotel Mgrs. and many years ago began to stay at the Lisbon Plaza, just off the Ave. The Hotel you will staying at is a sister to the Plaza. Great location and close to many great restaurants.

Archived