Bringing wine on from other ports

bumbles

Sorry...didn't exactly know how to word my title. I know you can bring 1 bottle of wine/person at initial embarkation...but when you stop at the ports on your itinerary, is that allowed as well - or will it be confiscated with the other liquor that's brought on board?

I have carried wine on our Princess and Disney cruises. The ports that we carried it on was Key West, St. Thomas, and Puerta Vallarta. We never tried to hide the wine or the beer that we purchased, it went through the security machine in the original bags. I too would love to know if Carnival will allow it. I find it hard to believe you would have to check in a bottle of wine, but who knows. We plan to try it.

We have a lovely 3 litre box of stowells that i am tempted to pack! Ideal cos can pour what we want when we want, just not sure if I'm brave enough and could cope with the embarrassment if found out! (hub wud be MORE embarrassed I hasten to add!):p

According to what I have read sometimes they will take them and sometimes they will not when you bring on from a port.

What do you have to lose by trying?

We bring wine (at times a 5 liter box) and have never had a problem at embarkation but pack in our suitcases.

Archived