Brenda-Service Dog Extraordinaire Will Be Giving a Demonstration

wizard-of-roz

Finally, after contacting Princess for many years and 11 cruises for my Service Dog Brenda, she will be giving a demonstration of her phenomenal work while onboard the Golden to Alaska, on September 5th.

She'll either be in the Vista Lounge or the Wheelhouse Bar on the first Sea day, I believe that will be Sunday, September 6th.

If you're on this cruise, look in the Patter for the announcement of her demonstration time.

So many wonderful folks show interest in what she does and how she does it. Finally, we can showcase her work. And, give interested people an opportunity to ask questions, learn more and enjoy her when she's not working.

I always allow for "pats" while she's resting at my feet, in a lounge or on deck. But, this will truly allow people to see what a terrific work ethic she has and for them to learn more about dog behavior and training.

We look forward to meeting all who are interested in more about "Cruising With a Service Dog!!!!"

Congratulations, Wizard-of-roz! Your Service dog Brenda deserves cheers and congratulations too. :)

DW and I have a black lab also, Othello. He is a certified International Therapy dog. He has weekly work appointments at the local hospital in the children's ward, at the children's reading room at the library, and at a rest-home facility for seniors.

He's the love of our lives, as Brenda is to you, I'm sure.

Do you have a video link showing Brenda at work? I would really love to see that :)

Enjoy your cruise with your best pup buddy!

Oh, here is a pic of our Othello (tried to make it bigger, but don't know how :o)

004.jpg.05c8788465866312f82389fa304839ed.jpg

What a great opportunity for all involved!

I'm almost ready to book another Alaskan cruise just so I can meet you and Brenda in person!

All the best, and I'm sure it will be a a fantastic experience!!! :D

Thank you so much! We'd love to have you onboard with us!

Congratulations, Wizard-of-roz! Your Service dog Brenda deserves cheers and congratulations too. :)

DW and I have a black lab also, Othello. He is a certified International Therapy dog. He has weekly work appointments at the local hospital in the children's ward, at the children's reading room at the library, and at a rest-home facility for seniors.

He's the love of our lives, as Brenda is to you, I'm sure.

Do you have a video link showing Brenda at work? I would really love to see that :)

Enjoy your cruise with your best pup buddy!

Oh, here is a pic of our Othello (tried to make it bigger, but don't know how :o)

The picture of Othello is beautiful, what a gorgeous boy! Just "click" on his picture and it comes up bigger!

Brenda would love to meet him.....

If you go to Canine Companions for Independence (Brenda's training org.) you will be able to bring up lots of pictures and some video's of their amazing dogs.

Othello is doing wonderful work. Keep it up! You must be very good people!!!!!

Hi Brenda extra bone for you that night,

may be live on MUTS.

yours Shogun

Hey, Shogun: Hope you're doing well! Thank you for your good wishes. It's always nice to hear from you.

Brenda says thanks for the extra bone!!!!! It will be a Virbac Chew but to her it's a "bone!"

OH darn....I will be getting on the Golden when you and Brenda are getting off...I would love to meet you both (if you are any where near the airport/south end of Seattle before your cruise, if you are coming in and staying before your cruise, I could arrange a meeting, since I live here. ;)

I have been active in Delta Society and have taken service dog training classes (until they discontinued the program:mad:) and service dog access training as well.

I have had an national award winning therapy dog and 2 other therapy dogs, all retired at this time....although they do fine work..... a service dog, such as Brenda, make such an impact on lives....way to go Brenda!

(I have met some awesome Canine Companions, that are AMAZING, at some of the Delta conferences years ago in Boston, Cincinnati, and Seattle)

OH darn....I will be getting on the Golden when you and Brenda are getting off...I would love to meet you both (if you are any where near the airport/south end of Seattle before your cruise, if you are coming in and staying before your cruise, I could arrange a meeting, since I live here. ;)

I have been active in Delta Society and have taken service dog training classes (until they discontinued the program:mad:) and service dog access training as well.

I have had an national award winning therapy dog and 2 other therapy dogs, all retired at this time....although they do fine work..... a service dog, such as Brenda, make such an impact on lives....way to go Brenda!

(I have met some awesome Canine Companions, that are AMAZING, at some of the Delta conferences years ago in Boston, Cincinnati, and Seattle)

You too, have done some wonderful work with these amazing animals and have a great appreciation for them. Thank you for all that you've done.

We're driving up from L.A. and will be parked in the garage, at the pier. If you see us while waiting or walking from the Pier, please come over and say hello. We love to meet new friends.

Hi Wizard of roz,

good to see you are hitting the high seas again,

look out for a small white fur ball in Feb,

will sneak a pic or two on here

before they get deleted.

yours Shogun

Oh! Shogun! I'm so glad to hear about your good news. I will look for pictures and news of that white fur ball, coming in February.

Roz,

So excited I am going to on the cruise with you. I was excited just to meet Brenda but to get to see her doing her job will be wonderful. If you find out a time for Brenda's debut, let me know. We don't want our meet up for the roll call to interfere with it. A little chihuaha wandered up in my yard this morning. She is so adorable. I'm sure she has a home. Put an ad on craigs list and put up signs in the neighborhood. Sure has been fun having here though. My cats are not too happy about it though.

Judy

We're driving up from L.A. and will be parked in the garage, at the pier. If you see us while waiting or walking from the Pier, please come over and say hello. We love to meet new friends.

Roz, I hope you're not doing this in one shot! The longest we've ever driven with a dog in the car is the 8-9 hours to Zion National Park in Utah. Please be careful, and congratulations!

Roz,

So excited I am going to on the cruise with you. I was excited just to meet Brenda but to get to see her doing her job will be wonderful. If you find out a time for Brenda's debut, let me know. We don't want our meet up for the roll call to interfere with it. A little chihuaha wandered up in my yard this morning. She is so adorable. I'm sure she has a home. Put an ad on craigs list and put up signs in the neighborhood. Sure has been fun having here though. My cats are not too happy about it though.

Judy

Judy: I don't know about the time....Princess will let me know when I board and, of course, it will be in the Patter.

I kind of have to go along with their scheduling....I hope it doesn't interfere with meeting everyone, either. We'll see! Just bring everyone to Brenda's show and we'll meet-up after!

I hope your new little friend finds his home, if not, congratulations, you've may have just adopted a new child!

Roz, I hope you're not doing this in one shot! The longest we've ever driven with a dog in the car is the 8-9 hours to Zion National Park in Utah. Please be careful, and congratulations!

We're leaving on Wednesday, September 2nd. We have two stops planned along the way. Brenda is the most remarkable car traveler. She loves it as much as cruising. I'm glad for that. Because both Morey and I love to cruise the highways.

We will be careful and thank for caring!

There is room in the back seat [right next to Ms."B"] if anyone want to jump in!!!!!

The worst of the trip will be Oregon.....because they're economy is worse than Calif. and has been for a very long time.....they have patrols of police up and down Interstate 5, just waiting for anyone who breaks their 55 MPH speed laws. It's a truly rigorous stretch!!!!!

Roz,

I think that is a great idea to meet up after your show. That way we won't miss thw show. Of course, many of us will probably see you around the ship on Saturday. Did you arrange this with the CD? If I am correct, the CD is David Cole. He was the CD when we went to Hawaii on the Golden and he is wonderful. My little houseguest just cried to go out after she woke up so I now know she is housebroken. She is quite comfortable inside so I am assuming she is more of a housedog than an outside dog. We'll see, maybe I will end up with a new child.

Roz,

I think that is a great idea to meet up after your show. That way we won't miss thw show. Of course, many of us will probably see you around the ship on Saturday. Did you arrange this with the CD? If I am correct, the CD is David Cole. He was the CD when we went to Hawaii on the Golden and he is wonderful. My little houseguest just cried to go out after she woke up so I now know she is housebroken. She is quite comfortable inside so I am assuming she is more of a housedog than an outside dog. We'll see, maybe I will end up with a new child.

You sound like a wonderful Mommy.....maybe it was meant to be!

I've heard some wonderful things about David Cole. I hope he's it.

Our presentation was actually set-up with Enrichment Programs and the Entertainment Department of Princess. I'm told that I will have a special meeting with the CD and his assistant on Saturday....so, if it's David, I'll have a chance to meet him then.

Archived