Nice & Eze Diy or Private tour

dlhoward

3 of us will be at the port of Villefranche. Many said to take a private tour but this seems to be quite expensive with only 3 going. This port is from 7-7 but is tendered. We want to take a tour of the perfume factory so will probably spend some time in Eze. The bus is much cheaper. Should we just do the bus or pay big bucks for the private tour. We will have a private tour in the 4 other ports but will be in full cars where it was alot cheaper pp.

3 of us will be at the port of Villefranche. Many said to take a private tour but this seems to be quite expensive with only 3 going. This port is from 7-7 but is tendered. We want to take a tour of the perfume factory so will probably spend some time in Eze. The bus is much cheaper. Should we just do the bus or pay big bucks for the private tour. We will have a private tour in the 4 other ports but will be in full cars where it was alot cheaper pp.

DIY.There is a lot of info on this board on how so you can do a search using key words and get a lot of info.It is easy to get around so why spend the money,but in the end up to you of course.

There are 12 of us going on this trip. Some are going to Monte Carlo. My 2 daughters and I want to go to Eze & Nice. My youngest wants to the perfume factory. She would love to get her own perfume made but I don't know if they do that in Eze or what the cost is. We are more interested in Eze, so we would like to go there first. Then to Nice if time permitting. I don't know if it is easier the other way around and just alot a big amount of time in Eze. I'm not sure what is in Nice we would like to see. After going to Rome, Florence, Pompeii and Aix I will probably be all shopped out (and broke).

There are 12 of us going on this trip. Some are going to Monte Carlo. My 2 daughters and I want to go to Eze & Nice. My youngest wants to the perfume factory. She would love to get her own perfume made but I don't know if they do that in Eze or what the cost is. We are more interested in Eze, so we would like to go there first. Then to Nice if time permitting. I don't know if it is easier the other way around and just alot a big amount of time in Eze. I'm not sure what is in Nice we would like to see. After going to Rome, Florence, Pompeii and Aix I will probably be all shopped out (and broke).

Trust me you will not spend a lot of time at the perfume factory...years ago it was really cool,but now...not so much.I have been to several of them over the years,but not the one in Eze...the main store in Paris is right near where I stay.Ther do not carry a lot of the old product line they used to,and I do not believe they make perfume for people anymore.Nice is fun..I think..they old city is great to wander around in and I am sure you will be glad you went.Have a great cruise.

If you are planning to visit just one or two different geographic locations on your port day, I do not see any reason to pay the big bucks for a private tour, especially in an area like the Cote d'Azur where the public transportation is so good. However, IMO, if you plan to see a multitude of geographically widespread places in one port day, then the tour bucks are worthwhile. For the most flexibility, consider a car rental for the day. Hank (cc name hliltner) has a lot of posts about car rentals in the south of France.

Archived