Bringing our 20 month old, Packing Tips???

Jake&Amanda

We are cruising the Freedom (8 nights) in January and taking our daughter who will be 20 months at the time. What are some items that are MUST HAVES for kids on the ship? If we ordered a crib for our room, do they provide sheets as well? Blankets?

At dinner do they have any "kids" cups, or should I bring sippy cups?

I am looking for a good packing list.

We've been on some long vacations with our daughter already, but I want to make sure I'm not forgetting anything on my packing list.

Tips?

Thank you!

progress.gif

Bring your own "sippy" cups...

Sheets will be provided, but many folks like to bring their own. Make sure of the type of bed---crib or pack-n-play!

Basically, bring anything you'd take on a land based vacation, and anything that will make your child comfortable and feeling "at home".

I get packages of plastic kid friendly fork/spoon sets from Target or Walmart. They come in handy when my kids wanted to start eating themselves. Also a must have is some dish soap! I couldn't find any to wash cups/bottles/plasticware in and had to use hand soap all week which isn't horrible but prefer a dish soap.

There are some good packing lists on this forum. I was going to paste a link here for you, but there were more than I realized. Use the "Search this Forum" on the right and search for infant packing list or toddler packing list. There's lots of really helpful ideas.

Zip lock bags to put diapers in.

A good umbrella stroller so she can nap with you by the pool if she will, and you don't have to carry her for a week. If she is walking well, bring a backpack/harness/leash if you aren't against that type of thing. Its just good for piece of mind on a ship.

Bring some familiar favorite toys, a portable DVD player and favorite movies, and a fun assortment of table toys for dinner.

Oh one last thing, at least on Carnival the cabin doors open easily by just pulling down on the handle. At night or if you are in the shower or whatever....bar the door with your stroller or a big piece of luggage so she doesn't go check out the pool without you! I had a near heart attack due to this LOL

Archived