Dining onboard the ventura

Flower1987

hi flower 1987 when we were onboard last year the charge for mpw was £20.00 per person.cant say about balcony dining cause never had a balcony,but i would think someone on here has the details..happy sailing..humpy

Balcony dining is very expensive - more expensive than the White Room, if I recall correctly.

Also, it won't be very easy on most balconies. The standard balconies on Riviera, A & B decks aren't really deep enough, and in any case only have a small coffee-table. The balconies on C deck are deeper, but still only have the small table. You have to be in at least a Deluxe Balcony cabin on D or E decks to get a deep balcony and a proper table.

• Balcony dining (Ventura only)

Balcony-dining.jpg This is the ultimate in intimate dining at sea. You can dine al fresco as the sun sets on the horizon, or beneath a starry sky, on your own private balcony. Select dishes from an exclusive menu designed by Marco Pierre White and enjoy personal waiter service. This is truly indulgent dining at its very best. This service is available on Ventura.

£20 is the normal premium for the White House but they sometimes have special offers at reduced prices. This does not include wine. There is also the dining out at a speciality restaurant from their Gift Collection, which includes a bottle of wine and is currently priced at £56.50 per couple on the P&O website for Ventura. So you pay £16.50 for the wine.

http://www.pocruises.com/pdf/Gifts/Gift_Collection_Brochure.pdf

http://www.pocruises.com/pdf/Gifts/Gift_Collection_Price_List.pdf

Brian

We paid £15 per person to dine in the White Room at 6, very good food and menu. £20 after 6.30 or 7. Ask to sit outside on the balcony - we did and when through the straits of Gibralta - fab! I would suggest not going on a formal night as you would miss the really good food in the restaurant. We also enjoyed the food in East almost as much and actually prefered the atmosphere in there - we wnet 3 times in a 14 night cruise! Cost in East in £10 each before 6.45. Suited us to eat early but only £5 more to eat later.

In addition to The White Room there is The East Restaurant for that special occassion I think that the Surcharge is around £15pp and Las Ramblas but I am unsure about the cost.Whites despite the surcharge is very good and in addition to the 'Advertised' menu you will find that there are a couple of 'Complimentary' courses.We had Bellinis and Canapes.:)

I wonder why somebody has suggested that it might cost £100 then?

Mind you, I think it would be a bit of a squeeze to get you, your companion AND a waiter all on some of the balconies :D Perhaps the waiter could abseil down from a higher deck, dropping the plates in place as he arrives.

Sounds like Milk Tray.

Can I ask how early in the cruise you have to book for Marco P W? Our 30th anniversary is when we're in Gibraltar, and we're looking forward to booking that night- we'd hate it to be booked up already!- jocap.

In July on the Ventura silver service Balcony Dining was available at a cost of £100, if you were not in a suite, ( you do need a balcony cabin though ha ha!!).Your food came from the Marco Restaurant. If you had a suite I believe you could have all meals served in your cabin at no extra cost if you so wished. You can of course order Room Service at any time and eat it where you wish. This was a real treat for our two daughters who had "girls nights" with new friends, watching a movie and eating pizza.

Can I ask how early in the cruise you have to book for Marco P W? Our 30th anniversary is when we're in Gibraltar, and we're looking forward to booking that night- we'd hate it to be booked up already!- jocap.

I don't think you will have a problem, as long it's not the day before when you book. We enjoyed meals in both M.P.W. and East, and took advantage of the early menu price. Despite a significant reduction in the list price of the meal, both restaurants were very quiet. The meals in both restaurants were execellent, and were well worth the additional cost.

Archived