Changing Dining time.

Was just put on a wait list for the early seating and having an 8 month makes late seating which we have right now unrealistic. I have no interest at my time dining because we believe that having the same waiter for the week is part of the cruise experience.

Any suggestions on how to get off the wait list and moved up to the main seating?

We were on the wait list for early dining on our Med cruise back in 2007 for many months out and were confirmed long before sail date. So I'd say your odds are pretty good.

That said, we did MTD in February on Independence and had the same waitstaff every night (by request). We absolutely loved MTD! It was the best service we've had out of 7 RCCL cruises.

ETA: I don't get the conception that you can't have the same waitstaff every night with MTD. I guess some have reported they didn't but I would also guess that they didn't request to have the same waitstaff. Ask and you shall receive! They aim to please!

Was just put on a wait list for the early seating and having an 8 month makes late seating which we have right now unrealistic. I have no interest at my time dining because we believe that having the same waiter for the week is part of the cruise experience.

Any suggestions on how to get off the wait list and moved up to the main seating?

Once you get onboard the ship, check to see when the maitre'd will be available to handle requests such as yours and then go to the dining room at the specified time. It is likely that there will be some who want to switch from main seating to late or from main seating to MTD and the maitre'd may be able to arrange a swap. As someone has also mentioned, it is possible to ask to have the same wait staff for your entire cruise and they will do their best to accommodate you. We were very happy with our waiters and had them every night in MTD on Navigator of the Seas, even though we did not eat at the same time every evening.:)

If you don't want the MTD option, get on the waitlist for early (main) seating. 99% of the time, they are able to accomodate you. If it doesn't happen on the 1st night, it almost certainly will by night 2. Do NOT stress about this!

Archived