How many can you order/

My dh loves lobster, how many can he order on formal dining night? He's been known to set a record!!!!!

On all of my past cruises, lobster was not served on formal night :rolleyes:

With regard to how many your DH can have? You will have to take that up with your waiter ;)

My dh loves lobster, how many can he order on formal dining night? He's been known to set a record!!!!!

On my cruises they have been pretty flexible. They tend to almost automatically bring out seconds and offer a third. I haven't personally seen someone have more than three, but if they are not running low I am sure they would oblige.

Do keep in mind that it is not a full lobster; it is a dish called The Fisherman's Platter that includes a warm water lobster tail, a couple shrimp and a scallop or two. I enjoy it, but it is nothing like eating a fresh Maine lobster.

RCCL no longer serves lobster in the dining room. I understand you can only get it in one of the speciality restaurants. You also have to pay extra for the better steaks in the dining room -- and no more chocolates on your pillow!

they most certainly do have it on most cruises, with the exception of the European itineraries as it is too hard to procure. It is also not on shorter cruises.

It is now known as the fisherman's platter and comes with a tail and shrimp

They will serve more lobster depending on availability.

He may try and order as many as he likes.

They may not serve him all he wants. The kitchen staff want to make certain that all pax who desire a fishermans plate can have one.

They are paid to think of all passengers.:)

Take one of the fall cruises up to Maine and Canada, with a stop in Portland, ME and I will tell you where you can have freshly cooked whole lobsters for as little as $3.49 a pound. (At least that's the price right now.) You can't beat it!

NISURC, there are actually lots of places right along the waterfront in Portland where you can buy the lobsters, but here is one that is a very short walk from where your ship will dock. http://www.threesonslobsterandfish.com/ They will cook them while you wait and they have a few picnic tables outside on the wharf where you can enjoy eating them. It might be a little messy, but it will definitely be fun! Have a great trip!

He may try and order as many as he likes.

They may not serve him all he wants. The kitchen staff want to make certain that all pax who desire a fishermans plate can have one.

They are paid to think of all passengers.:)

Ya think :p;)

Kaboochi, those who have had really good or even good lobster will probably be disappointed in what they will be served, sorry!

###

We were on a cruise a few years back when lobster was served on formal night. There was a large table next to us and the whole table decided to have an all-you-can-eat contest. Unfortunately, their demands slowed service considerably for all of the waiter's tables, including ours.

Just off the FOS a few weeks ago and we had the little lobster tail (I had 4 of them) on the 2nd formal night. I don't recall it being called a Fisherman's Platter but it did have shrimp with it. When I asked for more tail that's all I got was more tails. I thought they were fine.

Archived