How full is the ship on a TA?

Bxc53

We're on the IOS for the November TA. Is there a way to see how full the ship may be? Curiosity only but wondering what to expect, fellow passenger wise.

According to a site that I follow to see availability, there are a lot of cabins still available, namely:-

Inside

Cat L = 50+

Cat M = 12

Cat n = 19

Outside

Cat I = 22

Cat H = 28

Balcony

Cat E2 = 10

Cat D2 = 50+

Cat D1 = 33

JS = 7.

But in our experience having done 16 TA's, many times there has been quite a big demand as the cruise date gets nearer and sometimes with great bargains but they sometimes are for NEW BOOKINGS only:(

Why would you need to know how full the ship is now if you have already booked?

As I mentioned, it's mainly curiosity. Many of the topics here on CC fall into the " What will my cruise be like?" category.

I'm not planning to cancel if it's too full ( or empty ) :)

I could understand if the question was posted just prior to departure, but I fail to see the relevance for curiosity value or anything else about a cruise that doesn't depart for 3 months.

Must be me, I'm sure but seems like one of the more bizarre questions I've seen on CC.

I could understand if the question was posted just prior to departure, but I fail to see the relevance for curiosity value or anything else about a cruise that doesn't depart for 3 months.

Must be me, I'm sure but seems like one of the more bizarre questions I've seen on CC.

I think it's you... ;) I totally get the OP being curious... the cruise may not be for another 3 months, but I'll bet the excitement is building and they are starting to think about what ship life will be like.

By the way, Bob... my DH and I will be on this cruise as well. It looks like you know our friends Ruth and Bert. We look forward to meeting you. :)

Maybe because you are a Travel Agent and dealing with it all day it may not interest you as much, however there are people who like to watch everything that is going on on the cruise that they are so long looking forward too:) and good luck to them, that is their perogative!!!

Surely if you had a client who had a cruise booked with yourself and came in and asked the same question, you wouldn't tell them that you think that is the most bizzare question you have been asked would you!!!!

Maybe because you are a Travel Agent and dealing with it all day it may not interest you as much, however there are people who like to watch everything that is going on on the cruise that they are so long looking forward too:) and good luck to them, that is their perogative!!!

Surely if you had a client who had a cruise booked with yourself and came in and asked the same question, you wouldn't tell them that you think that is the most bizzare question you have been asked would you!!!!

I don't know... I'm a TA and I haven't lost that sense of excitement... it's time to retire when I do... the job wouldn't be nearly as much fun!

What you are seeing now may totally change after final payments are due....not knowing the exact date right off hand, but our final payment for a Nov. cruise on Navigator is not due until the end of this month.

We were on the Indy TA with you last year and will be on the Nav TA in Nov with you again.

Also looking at the Nav TA in 2010 'cuz it leaves from Rome.

I don't know... I'm a TA and I haven't lost that sense of excitement... it's time to retire when I do... the job wouldn't be nearly as much fun!
Lets have a Poll :eek: which TA would you use???:confused:

you can go to ********** dot com and look up your cruise and it will show you all the available cabins.

I'm always looking for a good site to do that. Please email to me at

ws4@psu.edu

Relative to the % of capacity on a TA, or any other cruise, I'm yet to be on a cruise that was significantly less than full by time of sailing. I know that when needed, they tend to go pretty low on fares to fill the ship.

I think that much more important is the demographics onboard, for which time of year, length of cruise, and departure location are big factors. I personally have strong preferences relative to demographics, which I won't get into here. What I will say is that you cannot do any better than to be sailing with the UK crowd on a TA - great manners, great fun to cruise with.

I think it's you... ;) I totally get the OP being curious... the cruise may not be for another 3 months, but I'll bet the excitement is building and they are starting to think about what ship life will be like.

So right! After one of those 'special' days at work, it's great to shift over to 'planning' the cruise.

Thanks for all the answers and advice;)

Just to pass on something I found interesting. Last week I contacted an online agency because they advertised obc for a short cruise I was going to take in a PR (so no benefit from booking with RC direct). I checked the website I use for open cabins and picked my cabin. When I called the agency said no its not available. I said yes it is and she didn't want to call RC directly I guess but I pursued it and she took the time and verified it was available. I thought agencies all had this info but I guess not.

We have now done 7 TAs and never had one that was not full or almost full. But because of the number of sea days involved, you are seldom aware of the capacity; more people tend to use their cabins, their balconies, sleep late etc. The pace is much less frantic than a cruise with 5ports in 7days where all seem to rush and push to get off, come back on board with that harried look of shop, shop, shop. We just really like TAs, the days at sea and the generally relaxed atmosphere on board. However, for those who have to have their days filled with activities, there are plenty from which to choose:)

By the way, Bob... my DH and I will be on this cruise as well. It looks like you know our friends Ruth and Bert. We look forward to meeting you. :)

I don't know what happen to my previous post on this thread which was done just after 6monthshere6monthsthere's post above and gave basically the same info on cabin availability. It also mentioned that our last two repositioning cruises, last May's 15 night Radiance Chile to SD and last Dec. Celebrity Century TA, Barcelona to Miami, were only 75 to 80% full in spite of give away pricing.

elleluv, I don't know if your message was directed at me but are we talking of Ruth and Bert from Vegas whom I met on that Radiance Chile to SD cruise? If so, sorry to say, Cheryl and I aren't on the above IOS cruise but are hoping to do a longer Mexican cruise this Fall on Radiance. We have that RC, for Mex. cruise only, credit to use which we got as compensation for the Mexican ports we missed because of the H1N1 flu situation during that Radiance repositioning.

elleluv, I don't know if your message was directed at me but are we talking of Ruth and Bert from Vegas whom I met on that Radiance Chile to SD cruise? If so, sorry to say, Cheryl and I aren't on the above IOS cruise but are hoping to do a longer Mexican cruise this Fall on Radiance. We have that RC, for Mex. cruise only, credit to use which we got as compensation for the Mexican ports we missed because of the H1N1 flu situation during that Radiance repositioning.

Hi Bob,

I thought you and Cheryl booked the TA for Sept 2010 from Harwich to Boston? That is what Elleluv is referring to!!

We are doing the April 2010 Radiance with our certificate!

Hope we meet up again soon!

Ruth

Archived