GENERALLY speaking... how quick do weddings book up?

I realize that it depends on the month or the cruiseline or just randomness, but GENERALLY speaking, does anyone know how quick weddings book up?

She is planning to do Carnival, out of Galveston, 7 dayer, in late May of 2010... The only problem is, she has to wait a few months before other people know for sure if they can go. So she may not be able to book until January.. is there a chance that she will still be able to book a wedding that close to sail date?

In some of your experiences, how quickly do they usually book up? I heard that there can be three per cruise... we are just worried that because of her having to wait a little longer before she books, she may not get the date she would like.

There is no "important" date in her mind, but just a time frame...

You do not need a final count to book. Just reserve the date and pay the deposit All the detailsare worked out later.

She is trying to reserve a date that works out for everyone (which she won't find out until later). She has a ballpark of when she think it will be but may not not for sure until January.

Just a dumb question..who is "she?"

Just in general..I would tell "her" to book the cruise asap, because as I found out, I am not the only one in the world getting married on a cruise ship. Dates book pretty quickly as do cabins. So once "she" has found out where and when, book it soon.

I would book as soon as possible if I were her. I just booked my Carnival wedding cruise for April 2010 two weeks ago. I didn’t get the “Deluxe Wedding Package” like I wanted because that was already booked for the date that I wanted. Also, other dates in April that I was interested in were already booked. Not sure which cruise line she is considering, but Carnival only allows three onboard weddings on embarkation day. By the time she books, if there is an opening, the package she wants may not be available. If she is planning to get married in one of the ports of call, she may have more flexibility since she would be able to use a local wedding planner.

I also checked into Princess Cruise Line weddings. They tend to limit their onboard weddings based on the size of the wedding (i.e., if there is a wedding with 100 guests, they usually will not schedule another wedding for the same day). Their dates seemed to be pretty open for April 2010 when I checked, but that may not be the case in January. In general, the sooner she books, the better.

By the way… Before I reserved my wedding cruise date, I just made sure the dates would work for my fiancée, maid of honor, best man, and our immediate family. They are the ones that I MUST have at the wedding. Everyone else can work around our schedule. Something your friend may want to consider.

I booked my wedding 9 months in advance. We're getting married Feb 13, 2010. I was the first one to book this date and got the package that I wanted. If you are not set on a specific package you might be able to wait another month, but I wouldn't wait much longer.

Just a dumb question..who is "she?"

Just in general..I would tell "her" to book the cruise asap, because as I found out, I am not the only one in the world getting married on a cruise ship. Dates book pretty quickly as do cabins. So once "she" has found out where and when, book it soon.

What difference does it make? "She" is the "girl" that I "cruised" with in "January" of 2009. For further "information" about the way that she looks or who "she" is, click the "link" in my "siggy." ;):D lol Why would I lie about who this was about? We are talking about cruise dates, not herpes medication. But, truly, thanks for the advice. I will let her know that she need to be trying to book ASAP.

As everyone else has said, I would book ASAP. I booked 1 year in advance and glad I did because the cruise ship (Conquest) only offers one Deluxe Romance Package (1.5 hour reception) and it goes quick they said. I didn't ask how many of the other packages they have, but it can't be many considering the amount of time you have for the wedding and reception along with the limited space to have them.

I think people might have gotten the impression that the OP was a male and the "she" was the future MRS........not that the answer would have been any different. LOL

Anyway, it just depends on the ship and itinerary chosen. The more popular the cruise, the more likely it is to book up faster. My advice to your friend is to make a list of the absolute must have people (mom dad, sisters, eyc) and pick a cruise date asap. Put down her deposit and book her wedding. Send out save the dates asap so people can start saving and arranging their vacation time off. However, I would definitely warn her that there is NO date that will be perfect for everyone.....she just has to face facts that no matter what someone will ultimately have to decline because of something coming up or a schedule conflict!

Wish her luck on planning!

MalibuBarbie

I realize that it depends on the month or the cruiseline or just randomness, but GENERALLY speaking, does anyone know how quick weddings book up?

She is planning to do Carnival, out of Galveston, 7 dayer, in late May of 2010... The only problem is, she has to wait a few months before other people know for sure if they can go. So she may not be able to book until January.. is there a chance that she will still be able to book a wedding that close to sail date?

In some of your experiences, how quickly do they usually book up? I heard that there can be three per cruise... we are just worried that because of her having to wait a little longer before she books, she may not get the date she would like.

There is no "important" date in her mind, but just a time frame...

I would book as soon as you realized that is what you want to do. I booked mine a year and a half before. I'm glad I did. I was the first one to schedule a wedding on board the Carnival Imagination and I was able to get the DJ. If you plan accordingly you will find that a lot more people are able to come. I gave a payment plan which meant all they had to pay was $25.00 a month.

• 2 weeks later...
I would book as soon as possible if I were her. I just booked my Carnival wedding cruise for April 2010 two weeks ago. I didn’t get the “Deluxe Wedding Package” like I wanted because that was already booked for the date that I wanted. Also, other dates in April that I was interested in were already booked. Not sure which cruise line she is considering, but Carnival only allows three onboard weddings on embarkation day. By the time she books, if there is an opening, the package she wants may not be available. If she is planning to get married in one of the ports of call, she may have more flexibility since she would be able to use a local wedding planner.

I also checked into Princess Cruise Line weddings. They tend to limit their onboard weddings based on the size of the wedding (i.e., if there is a wedding with 100 guests, they usually will not schedule another wedding for the same day). Their dates seemed to be pretty open for April 2010 when I checked, but that may not be the case in January. In general, the sooner she books, the better.

By the way… Before I reserved my wedding cruise date, I just made sure the dates would work for my fiancée, maid of honor, best man, and our immediate family. They are the ones that I MUST have at the wedding. Everyone else can work around our schedule. Something your friend may want to consider.

Are you guys getting married on Carnival Dream? I saw your sail date, and I was thinking I wonder if they're on the same cruise as us! We're getting married in St. Thomas on April 27th!

Like everyone else said I would book as soon as possible, the day I wanted was completely filled up and so we're getting married a week before lol. I know when you get married on the island they only allow 2 weddings if you go on Carnival. I booked mine in July and our wedding isn't until April and it was hard trying to find rooms for everyone since the Dream is a new ship and everyone wants to go on it...so just keep that in mind.

• 1 month later...
I booked my wedding in June for August 2010, and there was only one spot left for an embarkation day wedding. Even if Carnival has the dates booked, she could still get married in one of the ports using an outside coordinator.

I booked my wedding in May 2009 for August 2010

• 2 weeks later...

Archived