If you chose you next cruise based on advertising...

djneph

Hey Everyone,

Its early Saturday morning and everyone is asleep so I am bored. I just saw a comercial for Carnival and one for RCI. For fun, if you were to choose your next cruise soley based on TV advertsising who would you chose?

I would have to chose Carnival. I like the new ad campaign with the guy talking about the water slide "It's a mind eraser" or talking about the towl animals.

I really don't like THE NATION OF WHY NOT. That ad turns me off from Royal. I did like the 'Lust for Life' ad campaign from Royal, that made me want to cruise them, but the nation of why not annoys the crap out of me.

what about you guys?

The commerical carnival has now is okay but I really liked the one with Queen's song "Best Friend". I am a child of the 70's and 80's and that one made me nostalgic. I loved "Lust for Life" also but after doing RCI didn't care for them much. I guess I would't book on just the commerical's on right now. I also loved the Solstice commericial with the David Bowie song "Fame". Gee, I guess it all has to do with songs for me. :eek:

I think the Carnival ones are better, but I must admit that RC is improving their Why Not ads.

My husband likes the Carnival ones since they show the ship and all the unique things about ship life. Plus they put an emphasis on fun.

. . . I just saw a comercial for Carnival and one for RCI. For fun, if you were to choose your next cruise soley based on TV advertsising who would you chose? . . .

Using that parameter, I have to say that I'd quickly choose Royal Caribbean, and might not consider Carnival at all. And as much as it pains me to say this, I'd choose Carnival based on the old marketing with Kathy Lee crooning rather than one with people whacking an ugly pinata in a filthy parking lot.

Since I don't base my cruise vacation planning on media marketing, but instead on past cruise experience . . . I'll continue to sail with CCL, and have enjoyable vacations at sea, time after time. :)

I will also continue to look past Carnival's inability to manage a top-quality web site as well. They can lead in so many divisions of the industry, but in the dot com area, they continue to be the arm pit, and simply followers.

Just completed CCL sailing #20 a few days ago, and looking forward to #21 in a few weeks. I enjoy the product, have great respect for the line's ability to succeed, but definitely not a fan of the media marketing choices.

I like both the ad campaigns. I really don't see them too much though. I will say that I have been curious to try Royal. The Samantha Brown Great Cruises show on Freedom of the Seas sealed the deal with me booking my Oasis cruise. I am just anxious to try out a new design, etc.

Neither Cruiselines TV media would compel to book a cruise on either.... That being said... those commercials I believe are geared more so for the first time cruiser more than an experienced cruiser. Granted they are a reminder to those more experienced cruisers, but I decide based on my past cruise experiences, rather than TV media. At best, any cruiseline commercial just reminds me it is time to consider a cruise regardless of the cruiseline, so I guess they are working !

Why would I choose based on advertising???? Rather would choose on my perception of value from both cruise lines.

Well I don't think anyone would or should chose soley on advertising. I was just trying to have a little fun. Pretend you have never cruised, have no past experience to go on, all you know about cruises is the comercials you see... what cruiseline would you chose?

Archived