Victorias Secret Clothing

DoggieDash84

Do any of you buy VS clothing from online or in their catalogues? I really think some of their clothes are cute, but I'm afraid of getting the wrong size. Not only am I on the shorter side @ 5'1/5-5'2, but I'm wide and always surprise people at what size I am (they usually think that I'm smaller). Plus, elastic bands always cut into me bc I have a higher body fat percentage (I can never wear normal bikinis - I always have to get the kind that tie on the sides).

If any buys them, do you think that their sizes run larger/smaller? Is the clothing quality good?

I've been pleased w/their bikinis, but they are pretty easy to size since I know what I wear for bra/panties from their store.

I haven't bought from them for about 5 years, but I was disappointed in the quality --- i.e., jackets not lined, some of the fabric was of a lesser quality. The last thing I bought was a sweater and if I had paid full price I would have sent it back, but it was a good value on clearance sale. Everything was also sized small. Definitely check their sizing charts and measure yourself.

I don't like ordering things online, unless it's something I KNOW will fit...and VS doesn't always run "true" to size.

I'd rather try things on---even if something's "cute", if it doesn't fit properly, you won't look good!

After too many disappointments (not with VS, any online retailers) I no longer order anything online unless #1 I already know the quality and fit and #2 the return policy allows me to return without major cost.

Or....if there is a retail store close by where I can easily make a return.

Sorry I can't attest to VS quality, I've never bought anything there.

Hmm, I've bought countless bikinis and shoes from the VS online store, but only their tops and sweaters as far as clothing goes. I'm 5'2-ish, around 115lbs..and I can comfortably wear a size small in their tops and sweaters. However, several of the sweaters did shrink, despite very careful washing...so I'd probably refrain from buying clothing from them again unless the price was right. I've found the quality of the clothing to be above, maybe.. walmart quality?, but around the same as what i'd find at a TJMaxx or Marshalls. Also, check ebay..there's tons of VS clothing on there, at a deep discount.

I have to agree with the previous responses about quality. It really is not the greatest but if you are buying them on clearance and get a good price it is nice for awhile. Not going to be your quality pieces that will last.

The sizes for me tend to be on the smaller side so I usually go up a size and am happy with the fit.

I think VS runs small and the quality is not that great. For the same look and better prices, try alloy.com This site is really geared towards teen girls, but they have some super cute tops and dresses and their sizes go up to 17 in juniors, which I believe is around a 16 in misses. And they are having a sale on all their summer stuff now!!

I think VS runs small and the quality is not that great. For the same look and better prices, try alloy.com This site is really geared towards teen girls, but they have some super cute tops and dresses and their sizes go up to 17 in juniors, which I believe is around a 16 in misses. And they are having a sale on all their summer stuff now!!

Thanks! Alloy has some cute stuff! I didn't know they had that kinda stuff - for some reason, I thought their clothes were more ...boring. :p

...and lots of returns too. Their quality and fits are really hit and miss.

I absolutely love their swimsuits--I need different sizes top and bottom, and I have consistently been pleased with both the fit and quality of their swimwear.

Jeans have also been great, although I only wear their "hipster" fit, all the others are too low-rise for me.:rolleyes:

T-shirts are totally hit and miss. In general I find their tops run small, and often the arms are too tight for me, and/or the top is too short. I don't like the quality or fit of their "Daily Tees" collection. I do have many of their Bra Tops and love those for the summer (usually in a tank/cami style).

Sweaters are also hit and miss. Their cashmere was really cheap and thin, whereas their boucle sweaters are fabulous--warm and cosy and true to size.

So, what keeps me coming back to VS? Amazing sale prices in their clearance section, and a great return policy. I prefer to shop from home for the convenience and selection. The small amounts I pay in shipping/returns are well worth it to me for the time it saves me in driving to the mall and wandering around to find something I like in my size/colour/price range. Keep in mind that with VS you can exchange items for free--just call them and they will waive shipping charges on exchanges. I don't think many people know that, and they don't advertise it too much.

Iam thinking of checking out their bra you can wear a million ways. Has anyone bought one? Is it hard to figure out? Some of my new maxi dresses have very strange straps.

I am getting the impression that that is myth .. I have been in the store at least 5 times to try one and they are always "out" of them. I hate to order on line because their sizes vary a lot based on the style of bra.

Iam thinking of checking out their bra you can wear a million ways. Has anyone bought one? Is it hard to figure out? Some of my new maxi dresses have very strange straps.

I bought one online and thought it was way overpriced for what it was, so I sent it back. However, I was able to get one through the VS clearout store on ebay (MJR sales) for about $10. I have to say, the concept is better than the actual experience. While it's a neat idea to configure your straps for various tops, I find that a lot of the more unusual arrangements are not comfortable or don't stay in place anyway. I tried setting up the bra to wear with a blouse that has a high neck but bare shoulders, and spent a good 20 minutes trying get the straps into the right position (taking the bra on and off a dozen times). I then found that having two straps criss-crossing close to your neck was very uncomfortable. It's also easy to create strap arrangements that just won't work as your shoulders won't fit through the openings you create. I think having the bra on while someone else positions and adjusts the straps would be a good solution.

I have a lot of VS bras and found this one fit the same as all the others (i.e., I ordered my usual size). It's very lightly padded, and I would have preferred something with a little more oomph. :) It's a neat idea, and might be good for someone who needs more support at the bust, but most of the time I find it far easier to wear a strapless bra.

Archived