The 8-Day WHILRWIND Mystery Tour on the 8/15 Freedom. A review. With pics!

CeleBrat

Great review and photos. Loved every minute of it and am looking forward to the end.

P.S. I agree with others, your kid are very cute.;)

Such a great report. I am planning this cruise next December ... so so far away ... and your report makes the wait more bearable. Your pictures are great!

Hello! I had asked this question earlier, but think it might have been missed! What type of camera do you use? Your pictures are incredible.

I really enjoyed your review...thinking about booking this someday, you know after the others that I have lined up - lol.

Hello! I had asked this question earlier, but think it might have been missed! What type of camera do you use? Your pictures are incredible.

I really enjoyed your review...thinking about booking this someday, you know after the others that I have lined up - lol.

So sorry--I did see your question, but didn't answer. The kids usually chase me off the computer, while I'm pleading, "Just let me upload one more pic!!!"

I have a Fuji FinePix 5200. It's my second, as I wore the first one out! Actually, it went to the beach here in FL once too man times, and the sand got into the nooks and crannies of the camera and broke it.

Have you seen aplmac's photos? He's got a great eye--and a great camera.

CeleBrat

Such a great report. I am planning this cruise next December ... so so far away ... and your report makes the wait more bearable. Your pictures are great!

Next Dec? 2010? WOW, you plan in advance! I'm sure you'll have a GREAT time!

CeleBrat

So sorry--I did see your question, but didn't answer. The kids usually chase me off the computer, while I'm pleading, "Just let me upload one more pic!!!"

I have a Fuji FinePix 5200. It's my second, as I wore the first one out! Actually, it went to the beach here in FL once too man times, and the sand got into the nooks and crannies of the camera and broke it.

Have you seen aplmac's photos? He's got a great eye--and a great camera.

CeleBrat

Haha - yes, I understand. Anytime I am typing it seems DD needs to ask me question after question until I shut the computer and play with her. Which is what I should be doing anyways, right?:o

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I have seen Aplmac's pictures...they are amazing. His camera is a bit out of my price range though...sigh.

You deserve the praise...your reviews are fantastic :) You make us feel like we are there with you ....what a talent...thanks for sharing this

I am amazed by the details on the Baths....I have never been to Tortola, and would love to go, you really made it come alive, wow

I still say you could do a Travel Channel Family Travel show <grin>>> or maybe you should start a blog, and repost your reviews there for people to see all of them??

I can't wait to hear where you guys are going next (hint : you would do an awesome job of showing us the Dream, but really it seems that you guys enjoy any cruise you do and graciously allow others to enjoy your travels vicariously)

thanks again

My pleasure! Thanks for the vote of confidence about the Travel Channel show. But....no. The truth is, my kids are waaaaay picky eaters, don't like to be the center of attention (DS was petrified of being seen on TV for KID NATION) and the general public would soon get tired of DH's antics and me rolling my eyes at him. For instance, on a pre-child trip to Europe, he decided to wash ALL of his t-shirts in the bathtub of our hotel on a whim and lay them on the windowsill and shower bar to dry. We were only staying there one night (on a bus tour), so I knew, just knew, the next morning those shirts would be wet. Yep!

It should be no surprise that for the remainder of the tour, he had a wet, smelly suitcase, since he had to pack those shirts up for travel to the next hotel, then the next, and so on. And, none of those little European hotels (in Italy) had a washer or dryer. So, I just laughed it him for the rest of the trip, and called him Moldy Shirt Guy. I'm sure you can relate to that awful smell of your clothes, when you've forgotten them in the washer and discover them days later, still damp, and slightly moldy-smelling. That was him!

Now when we go on vacation, we STILL laugh about him washing those shirts without thinking.

That was the start of what has been a long history of him being a not-so-good traveler, and me standing behind him trying to not be associated with him.

You ask where to next--well, DS and I are going on a solo cruise (just the 2 of us) in Oct on the NCL Sky. Then we have an extended friends and family cruise on the Disney Wonder in Nov. Nothing too major, but I will post reviews of both.

CeleBrat

This is hands down the BEST review i've ever read!!! I hate that is almost over. You are too funny!! I guess I will have to go and read you other reviews as well;)

Sorry. I'll try to make our "break up" easy. :rolleyes:

AMAZING! AMAZING! AMAZING!

I have always wanted to see a family review of Virgin Gorda and here it is! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I knew I always wanted to add this place to my "bucket list" but you have confirmed it for me.

THANK YOU!!!!!

Bucket list? You are much to young for that!!!

Will you be taking a tour to the Baths, or be more adventurous and strike out on your own like us?

Thanks for such a wonderful review. I agree! You could write a book or do a show on the Travel Channel.

We also cruised on the Legend with you (and just missed you on Costa a few times too) and I really enjoyed that review too. I loved your perspective on "The hour the lights went out"!

DH and I will be on the Fredom in 2 weeks and can't wait to experience some of the same places that you went. Your days seem so long and full of fun. Hope our days feel that way too. :)

Thanks again!

That Legend cruise was fun! That black-out was scary, yet funny, especially since I thought I caused it with that stupid shorting-out hairdryer.

Have fun on the Freedom! Here to hoping for good weather for you!

CeleBrat

Celebrat, just to nitpick a bit, based on a prior post you live FL like I do, but tides do not occur at the same time each day. They move base on the phase of the moon, so someone taking a later cruise has the potiential to have low tide in the morning and high tide in the afternoon.

Not a biggy but wanted our non-coastal living cruising brethren to understand this. I spent 10 years of my post college life living in Omaha, and had several conversations with the locals clearing up misconceptions about the ocean.

Definitely enjoy reading your review and love the pictures.

Ahhh...point taken. Thanks for setting everyone straight. I live inland, if that's any excuse...:cool:

OK, count me in as one of your fans! I LOVE this review and found myself hitting the refresh button every once in a while just to see if you had added some more material :o

Thank you! I now know I have to go to the Baths for sure - they are stunning!

Miriam

I second the blog! :)

Actually,I do have a blog, and had the link in my signature for awhile. But, I get into a bad habit of not posting into it for long periods of time. Perhaps, since the kids are back in school and DH is in school, leaving me home alone on Fridays when I"m off from work, I might, just might, have to dust it off and start updating it again. Maybe.

Too funny that you asked this as I was thinking the same thing. She is a natural and looks truly shocked and terrified at the same time.

Priceless!!!

Nope--no acting classes or anything like that. She's just silly.

Great review and photos. Loved every minute of it and am looking forward to the end.

P.S. I agree with others, your kid are very cute.;)

Thanks so much!

I did see you! We were behind you like 3-4 rows.

WOW--this is the 2nd time you've remembered seeing me on the cruise. Hmmmm...

Are you in any of my pictures, in the background? I must see what you look like! Especially since you've seen me at my worst: seasick sleeping.

CeleBrat

Celebrat, I am still with you too and enjoying your review. We are planning to book the Liberty for next summer and it will be our first Carnival.

I, too can relate to the guy mis-packing thing. On our RCCL cruise last April my dh forgot to pack more than 2 t-shirts and I didn't pack enough shirts for my son:o. So, first couple of ports and we were looking for tshirt stalls. The boys now have a few Mexico shirts.:p

OK, count me in as one of your fans! I LOVE this review and found myself hitting the refresh button every once in a while just to see if you had added some more material :o

Thank you! I now know I have to go to the Baths for sure - they are stunning!

Miriam

AHA! so you're the reason why I had to upgrade my photo hosting software and the site views to this review is over 13,000!

All good! I can't believe this review has gotten so popular. Thanks for your support.

And yes--please do go to the BATHS. I hope you'll love it as much as we did.

CeleBrat

WOW--this is the 2nd time you've remembered seeing me on the cruise. Hmmmm...

Are you in any of my pictures, in the background? I must see what you look like! Especially since you've seen me at my worst: seasick sleeping.

CeleBrat

I think someone else remembered you the first time. I remember bc you came after everyone else boarded and there was like nowhere to sit lol. And the kids blonde hair is pretty noticeable! I didn't see myself in any of your pics.

AHA! so you're the reason why I had to upgrade my photo hosting software and the site views to this review is over 13,000!

All good! I can't believe this review has gotten so popular. Thanks for your support.

And yes--please do go to the BATHS. I hope you'll love it as much as we did.

CeleBrat

OOPS! Sorry! :o

Your review has been amazing! I love your comments and your pictures. I love reading all reviews but yours is one of the best and like the others I had to keep checking back to see if you had updated each day.

While I was waiting a few days ago, I read your Gem review as I am also an NCL fan. The Jewel is my favorite ship but would like to go on the Gem too. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop...like picking up a good book and not putting it down until you had read it from front to back, page by page.

Never been on MSC but since I enjoyed your other reviews, I read that one too....like reading everything an author writes. LOL. Running out of reading material by you. LOL

Once you're finished with this one, we'll have to wait until Oct. for you Sky review.:eek::(

Thanks for being so generous in sharing with us.:D:D:D

We also cruised on the Legend with you (and just missed you on Costa a few times too) and I really enjoyed that review too. I loved your perspective on "The hour the lights went out"!

Did you do a review of the Legened? If so I would love to have the link to get to it...as of now the Legend is the top contender for our family cruise next summer.

So far we have done all western routes on our cruises...the Eastern ports just didn't sound as fun. HOWEVER...after reading this review we may consider this cruise. We just did the 8 day western Freedom in July and loved the ship.

Celebrat-I have told you when I read your Mediterrean review, you are the best writer I've ever seen! Not only do you write with such enthusiasm and honesty, but you are not biased towards any one cruise line!!! I love that!!!!!!!!!!:):):)

I am thrilled that you loved Sapphire Beach in St Thomas (our favorite!!) and you wrote about Tortola! AN ABSOLUTE DREAM for us!!!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Apply for a family job at Travel Channel! You'll get it!!!!!:D

While I was waiting a few days ago, I read your Gem review as I am also an NCL fan. Once I started reading, I couldn't stop...like picking up a good book and not putting it down until you had read it from front to back, page by page.

Never been on MSC but since I enjoyed your other reviews, I read that one too....like reading everything an author writes. LOL. Running out of reading material by you. LOL

OK seriously? You guys are going to make me cry. You are too nice.

Thanks!--CeleBRat

Did you do a review of the Legened? If so I would love to have the link to get to it...as of now the Legend is the top contender for our family cruise next summer.

Actually, that Legend review was the first one I did. I can't find it here on the boards via the search function, but I do still have the original word document saved here on the computer somewhere. I'll have to see if I can find it....

I do know that if someone is able to locate here on Cruise Critic, the pics won't work because they were all hosted via a site I no longer use.

CeleBrat

Archived