Can I access my reservation if TA made arrangements?

canative77

Hi! I've been anxiously awaiting news about my guarantee being upgraded but when I check-in online my boarding pass still shows my reservation as guarantee. I realize that since my trip is nearly a month away my cabin has most likely not yet been assigned, but I am wondering if there is any way I can access my reservation online. I was told by HAL that I could not since my TA (AAA) made the reservation. Do you know if there is any way I can view my reservation either via the HAL or AAA websites? Thanks so much!!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

If you have your booking number you can go to the section of HAL's website listed as: for Booked Guests. Under that you can either go to the immigration forms or the book shore excursion section -- both will show cabin numbers.

By the way -- you are less than 50 days away from cruising so you can do your immigration forms any time now.

You can 'view' it online but you can't make changes. You can see if a cabin has been assigned but your can't change your dining or anything else.

Here is the direct link For Booked Guests that is referenced by the other posters (just follow the directions on the page): http://www.hollandamerica.com/cruise-vacation-planning/OnlineCheckIn.action

As mentioned, the only pages you can access are the Immigration and Shore Excursion pages.

Those who book on-line directly with HAL can access additional pages that you can't see. When you use a TA, they own the booking, and are the only ones who can see all the information.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses. This is the first time I used a TA and now that I am familiar with the cruise planning process I will make my own plans next time. If they "own the booking" why did I pay for it?? Just kidding! I like doing all the planning myself. Guess I'll just sit back and enjoy it...or I will in 26 days (not that I'm counting). Thanks again!

Actually we found that being able to access your reservation online was not that advantageous compared with the "goodies" that some TAs provide as a thank you for using their services. We booked our first cruise with AAA also and got on board credit and a bag as "goodies." This time we booked with a TA not affiliated with AAA and are getting a Pinnacle dinner, a beverage card, on board credit and other "goodies." Most of the stuff you need to do and need to learn before your cruise are available online whether you book online or through a TA. For example, with a guarantee you will probably not learn your cabin number more than two weeks before sailing no matter who books your cruise. This is what HAL says and what we found from experience. When it is assigned, you will find your cabin number on either of the two web pages Krazy Kruizers mentioned. Just make sure your TA gets your travel documents (tickets, excursion tickets, luggage tags, etc.) to you in a timely fashion.

We hope that you have a wonderful cruise.

Archived