Largest MDR Table - Freedom of the Seas

Hello all!

My DW and I will be on the FoS in just under two weeks. We are with a group of 13 (including us). Our reservations were all made through the same TA and are all linked. She requested that we all sit together as well.

So, my question is, what is the largest table you've seen on the FoS (or any of the Freedom Class ships)? Do you think that we will get to sit at one table or will they split us up into two adjacent tables?

Thanks for your input and happy cruising!

Hello all!

My DW and I will be on the FoS in just under two weeks. We are with a group of 13 (including us). Our reservations were all made through the same TA and are all linked. She requested that we all sit together as well.

So, my question is, what is the largest table you've seen on the FoS (or any of the Freedom Class ships)? Do you think that we will get to sit at one table or will they split us up into two adjacent tables?

The largest I have ever seen is atable for 12. They will most probably seat you at two tables next to each other.

If you want to sit together I would ask the head waiter to squeeze in another chair at the table for 12. If there's room I think they would do that for you. It's worth asking about. If it were me I'd rather sit at one table even if it's a little cramped.

Hello all!

We had 13 on the Liberty of the Seas last October, and when we arrived in the dining room we saw that we were seated at 2 side by side tables, one with 6 and one with 8. A person travelling with us was a diamond and requested to see if we could get a 12 seating table and add another chair, and they said they will see what they can do.

Upon arriving at dinner the first night, we were extremely suprised and happy. It turned out that the pushed the two tables together and made a connector for them, kind of like a homeade table thing. It was a huge table right next to the balcony and it was much appreciated by our wait staff.

So if you just ask and see what they can do, most of the time they are more than happy to accomodate you!

When we were on the Mariner (Voyager class) last year we had 13 at one table. When we went to the dining room when we boarded to check on the table, the table was set for 12 and there looked like there was no room for another chair, but when we went down to dinner that night (Late seating) it was set for 13 with room to spare. Looks like they just added a leaf to the table.

We were at the first large table when you walked in on the 1st floor of the dining room Table 333

On our FOS cruise in April, we sat at a table of 14. At that time there were two of these, both at the bottom of the stairs on the lowest level of the MDR. It was a great table, and we were in everyone's pictures as they photographed the waiters coming down the stairs.

Since the OP asked, what is the largest table seen on the FOTS, I think the reply has to be The Captain's Table. It accomodates 16 to 20 people. :p
I've never been on Freedom but have B2B scheduled in January 2010, so I'll have to check this out. January 2009 we did B2B on Independence and ate at the Captain's Table [a first for us] and there were only ten (10) people [the Captain & his wife, four Norweigns (two couples) who they knew, and four North Americans]. Didn't seem like the table would have held many more. Since Freedom and Independence are sisters I'm somewhat surprised that there is that much difference in table size, but its not the first time I've been surprised:rolleyes:

Thom

Archived