Harbor House?

cruznchic

We are staying at Harbor House in October. Been to Galveston before, but never stayed here. Anyone know much about it? I know its close to the port, but is it within walking distance? Any info would be much appreciated!! TIA

We are staying at Harbor House in October. Been to Galveston before, but never stayed here. Anyone know much about it? I know its close to the port, but is it within walking distance? Any info would be much appreciated!! TIA

We stayed at the Harbor House back in Jan 08 and loved it. Great location. If your luggage rolls easily, then walking to the terminal is no problem.

Just curious, we're you able to book for 1 night only? I'd like to stay there again next March, but have been unable to book for 1 night pre cruise. They are requiring a 2 night minimum stay on weekends. This happened when I first tried to book back in 2007, but I kept checking and about 2 months before the cruise, they opened up reservations for 1 night. I'm wondering if that happened to you. Thanks for any info.

Bob

We love the HH! Have stayed there many times prior to our cruises. Large spacious rooms, comfy beds, and a pretty decent continental breakfast. Of course, the views are awesome!

Here's a tip for you: We have walked to the terminal and taken taxi's too. If you have a lot of luggage and decide to walk, then ask to use the hotel luggage dolly to carry them over on, then simply have someone in your party take it back to the hotel. It works great and saves your back!

Enjoy your cruise! The Conquest is a fantastic ship!

... I know its close to the port, but is it within walking distance?...

The Cruise Cam and the Harbor Cam are located atop the Harbor House. You can see how close Cruise Terminal #1 is to the hotel from the Cruise Cam. You will get a better perspective on days while Conquest or Ecstasy are docked.

Click here: http://www.galveston.com/webcams/

Kat 110105_emYA42_prv.gif

We are staying at Harbor House in October. Have sailed out of Galveston before, but never stayed here. Anyone have any info on it, good, bad or indifferent. I know it's close to the pier, but is it within walking distance?

We have stayed at the Harbor House a couple of times. It is a quiet (at least when we were there) place to stay.

Walking distance? depends on how much luggage you have....and is it all on wheels? It could be done, you probably have 1200 ft to haul to terminal 1....terminal 2 is too far to haul luggage.

• 2 weeks later...

I am staying only one night at the Harbor House this month. I actually booked it thru Travelocity, got a cheaper rate and no problem with only staying one night. You can also leave your car there for the duration of the cruise for a cheaper rate than the lots.

I am staying only one night at the Harbor House this month. I actually booked it thru Travelocity, got a cheaper rate and no problem with only staying one night. You can also leave your car there for the duration of the cruise for a cheaper rate than the lots.

Thanks for the info, I'll try Travelocity and see if I can get a one night stay also. It's possible that it's too far in advance for my March stay for them to open up one night stays. I'll just keep checking.

• 3 weeks later...

So sorry I did not reply back to the thread. Thought I subscribed, and apparently I didn't. l was getting worried that I had made a bad decision! Thank you for all of the replies! I was able to book for only one night. We will be leaving the rental car there for only a $20 extra charge. We have a fairly early flight when we get back so it will nice to get back to the car and to the airport on time.

We will be spending the day in Galveston Saturday, as our flight arrives around 9:30 am and we cannot check into the hotel until 4pm. Any "must sees"? Thanks, and sorry again for the delay in reply.

We stayed @ the HH.

A very nice, very quiet hotel.

It has been a couple of years,

but when we were there we were able to leave our car in their parking lot

all week, for free.

It was recommended that my DH drive us and our luggage to the ship.

Then he should return to HH and park the car.

Then he could walk over to the ship.

We instead we chose to park the car at the HH and take a very quick taxi

drive to the ship. Very inexpensive.

I would certainly stay there again.

And, we only booked for one night.

Here is a link to my review, and it tells about where we ate while staying @ the HH.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=518965

Enjoy!

Archived