Questions re: Jewel Oceanview Rooms

jt58203

I see those on deck 2 have portholes instead of a window. Other than that are all oceanviews the same (besides location)?

If the bed is made up in the queen configuration, is it hard to see out?

Any rooms where the sitting area is below the window?

Any favorite oceanview cabin recommendations?

I see those on deck 2 have portholes instead of a window. Other than that are all oceanviews the same (besides location)?

If the bed is made up in the queen configuration, is it hard to see out?

Any rooms where the sitting area is below the window?

Any favorite oceanview cabin recommendations?

I was on deck three. The window was near the bed, but what was really fun about it was the window sill is wide enough that you can put a pillow inside and sit comfortable in the window sill, leaning up against the pillow. I did this quite frequently. I personally enjoyed being on deck three as you are so close to the water line that you can actually see the definition of the waves much, much better than if you are on a balcony a few floors up. If you hit some rough seas - the waves sometimes come all the way (or even over) your window. It was pretty cool sitting in the window sill having waves break up against the glass just inches from me. Made a cool sound (kind of like thunder). Although some people would likely be made a bit scared/nervous by this, I had so much fun! I wound up enjoying it nearly as much as a balcony stateroom since I was so much closer to the water and saw the waves in such a different manner than from up high - the difference is astonishing! I would not hesitate to book a deck three oceanview again.

The cabins are the same.....just the "window" is different! The forward cabins (especially low to the waterline) will be much noisier than higher up---the front of the ship takes the brunt of the wave action...it will be a rougher ride, especially if the seas are rough. Some folks enjoy that....but even long-time cruisers can be annoyed by the sounds!

Archived