Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

I currently have a SC Guarantee booked for this cruise and am hoping that HAL does not upgrade me to something else. I love the aft corner suites so much. What do you think of my chances of keeping the SC? :confused:

Just tell your TA/PVP to mark you booking "no upgrades" or something like that. I don't blame you--I hear that the aft wraps are fabulous!

21 days til sailing & still no assignment. That's OK, I'm hoping that means I'm getting a great cabin (actually any cabin is great--I'm on a cruise!)

I currently have a SC Guarantee ... What do you think of my chances of keeping the SC?
You don't even have it yet. There could already be more SC guarantees sold than the number of SCs existing, and not every booker will get one.

Just tell your TA/PVP to mark you booking "no upgrades" or something like that.
You can't do that on a guarantee. The whole point of guarantees from HAL's perspective is that they can move you at will.

I find it interesting that folks book a GTY not knowing exactly what it is. There are no gtys that you will get that category only or any specific cabin. Happy Sailing!

I love the anticipation of the assignment. I always have had upgrades and in most cases a significant upgrade.

One of the few times I booked a specific cabin adjacent to my sister's cabin, HAL took it totally upon themselves without a consult with me or my travel agent to "upgrade" my cabin and put me on a different deck. That caused significant stress for our travel plans. It took days and hours on the phones and emails for HAL to put us back in the original cabins. My experience with reserving specific cabins was much more stressful and a lot less fun. If I were to reserve a specific cabin, I have learned to have the reservation state "no upgrades!" Pierce

When you book a guarantee, you get assigned to a cabin from the inventory of what is left over. No one booked the HC cabin.

At this late date, they're not taking more bookings, so you are not taking the cabin away from anyone who needs it.

Believe me, if someone required a HC cabin, the person would have booked a long time ago!

My DD and her BF are still awaiting their assignment for 11/1!

Not necessarily. I booked our Eurodam Dec 19 cruise in August. At that time, everything was fine. Then, mid-October, we find out that hubby has to have surgery on his foot in a month (which will be 1 month before we leave on our cruise, maybe). At this point, we do not know if we will be able to go on the cruise, and if we can go on the cruise, if he will be in walking cast, on crutches, or in a wheelchair. However, at this time (just over a week until the surgery), we don't know what is going to happen. We bought trip insurance and a guaranteed VH room, but at this point we don't know enough to "book a HC room". We should know about 3 weeks, hopefully, from our sail date. Also, we let the surgeon know that we had a vacation booked for Dec. 19, hubby tried to delay surgeon until January, but surgeon said no, better to do it in November--surgeon was away in October. Do they do dressing changes in the ship infirmary? Just kidding, I will learn how to do that.

Hi - I've always picked out our cabin when I book the cruise (always with HAL). How is it that so many don't have a room assignment? What am I not understanding here?

Time2Cruiz

Heading out on Veendam 12/21/09-1/10/10 South America/Antartica

What is being discussed here are "Guarantee" cabins. Rather than selecting a specific cabin, we let HAL assign us a cabin in a chosen class ... or higher ... in the hopes of getting a better cabin than we pay for. For example, we have booked (and paid for) VH, VE, VE, and VD cabins and been given a free upgrade to a VA each of those four times. :)

Just found out today! My BA or BB (can't remember...) guarantee on the Ryndam 12/6 got us an A category near the aft pool!

We just got our cabin assignment today on the same sailing as yours. We went from a BC to a BA. I'm going to have to drag myself up a flight of stairs to get to the aft pool. :D

I love the anticipation of the assignment. I always have had upgrades and in most cases a significant upgrade.

One of the few times I booked a specific cabin adjacent to my sister's cabin, HAL took it totally upon themselves without a consult with me or my travel agent to "upgrade" my cabin and put me on a different deck. That caused significant stress for our travel plans. It took days and hours on the phones and emails for HAL to put us back in the original cabins. My experience with reserving specific cabins was much more stressful and a lot less fun. If I were to reserve a specific cabin, I have learned to have the reservation state "no upgrades!" Pierce

What I meant by my comment and I'm sorry that I was more clear, is that I find it interesting that folks book a GTY and don't know what GTY means. I guess it's probably due to a bad TA that doesn't explain exactly what that type of booking means. Happy Sailing!

got my cabin assignment and I'm am over the moon!!! Booked SZ GTY assigned a SB!!!!! LOVE HAL! oh yeah, and a big kiss to the upgrade fairy!!!

WOW! That is a great upgrade. I hope we will be that fortunate. Enjoy your cruise and the Neptune lounge that you now will have access to. Thanks for sharing your good news.

I have never, ever, in ten cruises, booked a guarantee. But. Guess what! I really did. This time. Hah. We'll see. Why? Who knows? Throw your fate to the wind or some such nonsense?

Ok, VE guarantee, Nove. 29th, West., we'll see where that baby goes. So much fun. Kind of like roulette, wouldn't you say?:) I am so sure to let you know.

love,

Susie

We are assigned VB6152 on Zuidendam. It shows a shower only. Does that mean it is a smaller cabin?
No, those aft cabins with just a shower are there for people who have difficulty stepping in and out of a tub. If no one books them, they are assigned to Guarantees.

I currently have a SC Guarantee booked for this cruise and am hoping that HAL does not upgrade me to something else. I love the aft corner suites so much. What do you think of my chances of keeping the SC? :confused:

Depends on if you told them you wanted that specific cabin when you booked....

We had 6175 (SC) on Eurodam and it was lovely! I booked it specifically. Although the convenience of a midship cabin next to the NL is nice, the aft view was amazing and well worth the walking, for us. Even if the price for SA/SB/SC was the same I would've chosen the same room. The only downside is the balcony is oddly shaped and not entirely functional, but otherwise great room and I'd stay there again.

Archived