Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

Sailing Sunday & still no cabin assigned :(. I guess it doesn't matter, I know I will be on the dam ship & that is enough for me. At least that is what I keep telling myself...the planner in me is crying. I have noticed that several people on the same cruise have been offered to take another cruise at a later date :eek:. I asked my husband if we were offered the same what would he do & he said he didn't care if the next cruise would be free he is not giving up this vacation :D. Waiting so late in the year to take our adult vacation.....means we are more than ready.

:confused: We've never done it, but I thought I've read here that everything on hangers is moved but means of a rolling rack. :confused:

Yes, I understand that also. I meant you pack up the most things. I have a lot of things I do not hang up, but either put on shelves or in drawers; underwear, nights gowns,shorts, socks etc. I also do not hang up toiletries-all that does need to be packed up. The stewards will not do that for you. That is far more than the few things I hang. So, at least for me, I would do a considerable amount of packing.

Sailing Sunday & still no cabin assigned :(. I guess it doesn't matter, I know I will be on the dam ship & that is enough for me. At least that is what I keep telling myself...the planner in me is crying. I have noticed that several people on the same cruise have been offered to take another cruise at a later date :eek:. I asked my husband if we were offered the same what would he do & he said he didn't care if the next cruise would be free he is not giving up this vacation :D. Waiting so late in the year to take our adult vacation.....means we are more than ready.

Our cruise is full on Jan 2. It is a 10 day partial Panama canal, I would IF they would give us the Westerdam on Jan. 3 AND another 10 day partial Panama canal at a later date. Something tells me though, they wouldn't! LOL! I am greedy, aren't I!

Our cruise is full on Jan 2. It is a 10 day partial Panama canal, I would IF they would give us the Westerdam on Jan. 3 AND another 10 day partial Panama canal at a later date. Something tells me though, they wouldn't! LOL! I am greedy, aren't I!

Lol....seems like those who want it to happen don't get the offer & those that can't change their plans have it dangled in front of their noses ;)

I hope you get everything you want & more :)

Lol....seems like those who want it to happen don't get the offer & those that can't change their plans have it dangled in front of their noses ;)

I hope you get everything you want & more :)

NOT going to happen. Everything is January for the Caribbean is pretty much sold out-what 's left is very expensive.

The problem with us, as others, I doubt my husband could change his vacation time 3 weeks out, that is why I said I would take a 7 day if they would give me an extensive credit toward a 10 day later on.

That's very nice of you. I'm on pins and needles right now, with the flu everywhere around us, especially with Donny who will not handle it well, but I keep optimistic generally speaking. Thank you very much for your kind thoughts.:)

You have been thru the worst & now its time to have fun!

I am paranoid myself about H1N1 - but we can't let it hold us back - these are special trips in our lives & we were all in some way visited by the "Upgrade Fairy" so how cool is that!

Thanks - I also just got an email from HAL trying to upsell the Penthouse Suite on the cruise. Their asking price is a little pricey.

Ok - I did a little more thinking and I did the math and the price is not that ridiculous. We got had got a really good price on the SC guarantee when we bought it. This upsell puts the overall price at what we would have paid for an SC during the more popular times. I can't pass this up. I took the upsell to the Penthouse.

Sailing Sunday & still no cabin assigned :(. I guess it doesn't matter, I know I will be on the dam ship & that is enough for me.

Whodat here on the same cruise.......maybe you'll be given a dam suite!!!! LOL!

We booked a guarantee verandah and got our assignment a couple of weeks ago and the day after we received a phone call offering an upsell to a suite for the price of $699.00 extra per person :eek:.

Sure wish our roll call was more active:confused: - oh well! We're going to have a blast!!!!

We booked a guarantee verandah and got our assignment a couple of weeks ago and the day after we received a phone call offering an upsell to a suite for the price of $699.00 extra per person :eek:.

Sure wish our roll call was more active:confused: - oh well! We're going to have a blast!!!!

Agree a more active roll call would have been great. We will have a fantastic cruise and be damned with the dam roll call

Hey Whodat......booked a guarantee large inside & got a large oceanview, so were good with that.....I like a verandah, but my DH likes an inside so he can sleep anytime without light intruding from the balcony. I made several attempts to try & get the roll call going, but doesn't seem like there is a lot of interest.....love to meet up & have some drinks & discuss your misplaced football loyalty...lol or the race in homestead that we are missing becuase it falls on our departure day :-):D

Hey Whodat......booked a guarantee large inside & got a large oceanview, so were good with that.....I like a verandah, but my DH likes an inside so he can sleep anytime without light intruding from the balcony. I made several attempts to try & get the roll call going, but doesn't seem like there is a lot of interest.....love to meet up & have some drinks & discuss your misplaced football loyalty...lol or the race in homestead that we are missing becuase it falls on our departure day :-):D

Sounds good to me! Email me at darlene.belka@verizon.net.

DRHRY - you too if you would like to meet up!

We got our balcony guar assigned for our 12/5 Eurodam this morning.

Booked a VF and got a VB on deck 6.

Happy except for the fact that our door is in the hallway right next to the elevators...we will have to be careful every time we open the door and make sure the other one has clothes on at the time. :eek:

We're also worried about the elevator "noise"...how loud is the "ding" when an elevator opens. We were close to an elevator once before (can't recall ship/cruiseline) and the noise went on all night and would wake us up from time to time.

We won't let this bother us since we paid a great price for a VF and got a VB. I also tell DH that we're 3 decks up and down from the active decks and that the front elevators won't be too busy on our deck since we share the floor with lots of suites. Otherwise, a great location.

Just happy to be on the ship. :p

Santa came early. We booked a "HH" guarantee on our cruise on the Noodam, leaving December 1 for 20 days in the Caribbean. We got our cabin assignment today and it was a "VB" balcony. I don't know if it was pure luck or if it had something to do with it being our 8th cruise with them and we'll be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversery.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wldflr viewpost.gif

Anybody else been upgraded lately or are the ships sailing near full?

The ships are sailing near full, but getting an upgrade really has little to do with that - just how many unbooked cabins there are above you.

Just because a ship has reached its maximum capacity does not mean that every category is full. Lower steps in each major class (inside, outside, verandah, suite) are always over-sold with guarantees, and top steps are always under-sold. Then beginning about 3 weeks before sailing, the shuffle of upgrades and assignments begin, to disperse the bookings into available spaces.

Yep Jtl513. I noticed yesterday that our December trip has increased by approximately $700. I also checked our 2010 trip and the price has, at least for now, decreased by $600. So our TA will be getting a call on Monday to contact Hal.

Congrat's on the upgrades and have a fun cruise.

Santa came early. We booked a "HH" guarantee on our cruise on the Noodam, leaving December 1 for 20 days in the Caribbean. We got our cabin assignment today and it was a "VB" balcony. I don't know if it was pure luck or if it had something to do with it being our 8th cruise with them and we'll be celebrating our 40th wedding anniversery.

WoooHoooo - Congratulations - Have a Great Trip!!

We sail on Nov. 27 (next week) with a DD (partial view) guarantee. So far we have been assigned three different cabins - all DD. We keep being moved towards mid ship - but any of them would be all right. An unobstructed view cabin would be an even nicer surprise.

This much shuffling must be unusual, and I think the cruise is sold out .

Archived