Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

Hi Tuppermern!

Congrats on the upgrade! There are a few differences from VH to VC. Mostly minor.

There are 4 VH cabins on the Westerdam (that I can find) on Deck 4 (Upper Promenade) and all the way foreward. The VH cabins also have a shower only and have a steel verandah railing instead of plexiglass.

Your VC cabin will have a tub/shower combination and the clear plexiglass railing.

As of yet, no assignment for me. No notice from my TA, either. I'll check again in the morning. Wish me luck! ;)
Most of our assignments have appeared between 4:00p and 5:00p PST, which is 7:00p to 8:00p EST. Good luck!

I just checked HAL again and finally have our cabin #!!!:D We were upgraded from VE to VA 7097. Is this a good location? I'm assuming it is because we'll be on vacation in it!:D;)
It's a fine location IMO. Close to the elevators that take you to the food!

Hi Tuppermern!

Congrats on the upgrade! There are a few differences from VH to VC. Mostly minor.

There are 4 VH cabins on the Westerdam (that I can find) on Deck 4 (Upper Promenade) and all the way foreward. The VH cabins also have a shower only and have a steel verandah railing instead of plexiglass.

Your VC cabin will have a tub/shower combination and the clear plexiglass railing.

Thanks for the reply! One more question if you can help----do all of the cabins have refrigerators? With my cabin assignment---I can now officially start my countdown! Looking forward to getting out from under all the snow we've had in Pa! Thanks!

Yes, I think all cabins do have a fridge.

I just checked HAL again and finally have our cabin #!!!:D We were upgraded from VE to VA 7097. Is this a good location? I'm assuming it is because we'll be on vacation in it!

Hi, we are also in East TN - Jonesborough. ;) Where are y'all from?

Got my assignment, too! We also went from a VH to a VA. Not bad, and the location is wonderful! It's on the Rotterdam deck, near the aft stairs/elevator. Two quick decks up to the aft pool/Lido, and 4 decks down to the Upper Rembrandt dining room. :) Thank you, HAL!

My only peeve is that we had to pay almost $100 pp more than we would had we waited a week to book. :( However, considering what we did pay, and the fact that the VA was listed at $450 more pp, I think we did pretty well. We have a full verandah (no VT) and it is not a connecting cabin (DH will be happy.) Heck, y'all know I would have been happy with the closed in metal verandah of a VF! In fact, I am going to miss that huge space. :(

Can someone tell me where the Internet Cafe is, besides the one in the Explorations Cafe? I'll need to make nightly stops to check in on my family. Also, where is Tamarind? We made reservations there.

Seems like the VA is what most everyone is getting. :)

Hi, we are also in East TN - Jonesborough. ;) Where are y'all from?

Got my assignment, too! We also went from a VH to a VA. Not bad, and the location is wonderful! It's on the Rotterdam deck, near the aft stairs/elevator. Two quick decks up to the aft pool/Lido, and 4 decks down to the Upper Rembrandt dining room. :) Thank you, HAL!

Congrats on the upgrade! Isn't it wonderful! :) We're in the Knoxville area.

Can someone tell me where the Internet Cafe is, besides the one in the Explorations Cafe? I'll need to make nightly stops to check in on my family. Also, where is Tamarind? We made reservations there.

The Internet center is in the Explorations Cafe. That's the place.

There's also WiFi throughout the ship you can use if you bring your own laptop.

To get to Tamarind take the center elevator bank/staircase to Deck 11. Silk Den lounge is on the forward side of the cross passageway, Tamarind is on the aft side.

----do all of the cabins have refrigerators?

Yes. Every cabin on the Vista and Signature class ships, and the Prinsendam, have a fridge.

On the S- and R-class ships, every cabin with a balcony has a fridge. The outside and inside cabins on those ships can rent one for $2.00 per day.

We were late deciding to take a cruise, so we were just pleased to find a verandah cabin for a reasonable price -- Eurodam sailing 2/27. We have a guarantee/VH, and since reading these posts I'm anxious/on tenterhooks to find out where we will actually be!! When I looked closely at the deck plans, I see that VH are way for'ard, kinda squished in there -- or am I misunderstanding? :confused: DH has some knee issues, so hope we won't be too far from everything.

I did notice they were recently advertising verandahs for less than we paid, so maybe there are still cabins open and therefore some room to move up?

I'm having some problems with the HAL website today, many pages coming up empty. Could be me, could be them. Will I be able to log in and see our cabin assignment, or does that only come through our TA?

At the end of the day, of course, we'll be sailing in warm Carib waters far from our cold and snow. So not too bad, wherever we are! Our first HAL cruise, and we're really looking forward to the break. Life is good, and we're thankful.

We booked a guarantee VF in Oct for our Eurodam cruise next week and ended up with a nice VB.

Yes, I think all cabins do have a fridge.

We have a full verandah (no VT)

We must be the only people on the planet to want the VT... ;-) We booked it and even requested no upgrade. However, we sail in 2 days and will be in a VQ. Not sure where the mistake happened, but we're ok with it. Just so happy to be headed out of the cold.

The Internet center is in the Explorations Cafe. That's the place.

There's also WiFi throughout the ship you can use if you bring your own laptop.

That certainly is "out of the way" isn't it. Not very convenient at all to the rest of the ship. I wonder if HAL planned it that way so that folks would buy a cocktail or coffee while they were surfing. I'll just have to take advantage of a free danish while I am up there. :D Don't have a lap top, nor would I want to lug one on a trip.

To get to Tamarind take the center elevator bank/staircase to Deck 11. Silk Den lounge is on the forward side of the cross passageway, Tamarind is on the aft side.

Ah ha! I was not scrolling down the map far enough. Had no idea there was a Deck 11 other than the Crows Nest and Retreat areas. :o

We must be the only people on the planet to want the VT... ;-) We booked it and even requested no upgrade. However, we sail in 2 days and will be in a VQ. Not sure where the mistake happened, but we're ok with it. Just so happy to be headed out of the cold.

Kent - I didn't mean to knock the VT when others may like them. That is strange you would be upgraded against your will. :( Did you try to get the original cabin back? I would be thrilled with a VQ because of the full verandah. On my sailing, there are 4-5 still available. They'd also be closer to the Internet Cafe for me. However, the price to upgrade is too much.

Enjoy your cruise!

4 couples booked F guarantee for March 11th on the Veendam, we got our cabin assignments today, upgraded to a DA, we are still a month out, wonder if we could get upgraded again?

ehschief, are all of your cabins in the same general area?

We're two couples who always choose & book an outside cabin, mostly on the R & S ships....We've never had a guarantee..

We're considering trying the Noordam for Nov. 13 but all cabins in "D" or C" are now on guarantee..We're seriously thinking of booking a "C" guarantee, as would be very happy with any "C" cabin..

When we were on the Westerdam in 2004 another couple joined us at the last minute & had cabin No. AA6024 on Veranda deck..This same cabin on the Noordam is now called VC 5024...If we remember correctly their cabin was smaller than our two outside "D" cabins were on Main Deck..We think the cabin & balcony combined square footage was equal to our "D" cabins..

My questions are:

1) What do most people believe would be the worst upgrade we could get & why? ..

2) Has anyone ever been ungraded from a "C" guarantee to a Veranda cabin & were you satisfied with it?

3) Which Balcony cabins outside of VH cabins have the Metal Railings..

I'm a little concerned about booking a guarantee for 20 days, so would appreciate any feedback you can give me...

Thanks..

Cheers....:)Betty

We are 4 couples and we are all together. We really would have liked a balcony but there are so few on this cruise and I guess they figured we wanted to be together but it didn't matter.

We are never unhappy with our cabins or our cruises, we travel together a lot and just being on vacation is great, none of us have ever complained about anything. We know the staff does the best they can and we appreciate it.

Well, we are three weeks out, and counting, and still no cabin number.

On the one hand, I think that's a good thing, as it means they still haven't figured out which wonderful upgraded suite to put us in ;)

On the other hand, when I check out our sailing, I see an awful lot of "Available" listed.. someone has to book those cabins, in order for us to be bumped up!!

It is a little bit nerve-wracking, at that.. :p

On the other hand, when I check out our sailing, I see an awful lot of "Available" listed.. someone has to book those cabins, in order for us to be bumped up!!
I'm not so sure about that. It costs HAL no more to sail with an empty lower cat cabin than a higher one, and by moving people they are usually making people happier, so ...

Well, we are three weeks out, and counting, and still no cabin number.

On the one hand, I think that's a good thing, as it means they still haven't figured out which wonderful upgraded suite to put us in ;)

It is a little bit nerve-wracking, at that.. :p

That's the way our November cruise was - all categories except the PS were available. Then suddenly - they weren't! At that point HAL was offering upsells to people. We were in an SY and got offered an upsell to an SC. My DD had an HH guarantee on the same trip and was not assigned until after we got our upsell. They upgraded her to a D, I think it was [oceanview, no obstruction] - and a few days before the cruise offered her an upsell to a balcony!

So they could be doing the same with your cruise - offering upsells to the people who booked specific cabins, then when all that shakes out, assigning the guarantees.

Just got our cabin assignment today for the 3/6 sailing of the Eurodam.

Booked a VE guarantee assigned a midship V on the Navigation Deck.

Ooh, lucky you! We're on the same sailing (check out our roll call :D) and I've seen that a couple people got assignments. Did you book directly through HAL? If you booked through a TA, did the assignment show up on HAL's site? I want to make sure I'm looking in the right place. Thanks!

Archived