Anyone else anxiously waiting for a cabin number?

debsjc

You can start checking if it makes you feel better, but it's way too early for a cabin assignment IMHO. Earliest I have heard of was approx 3 wks prior You are most likely to get your assignment about 7-0 days out. Happy Sailing!

Why not check? It does not hurt.

I only checked because a post who is on the Osterdam Dec. 26, found their assignment, Thanksgiving day and my cruise is showing sold out from my travel agent. Anyway- I find it fun- and I did not really expect to find an assignment, as you pointed out, I may not know even a week out. But I will continue to check-just for the fun of it.

Why not check? It does not hurt.

I only checked because a post who is on the Osterdam Dec. 26, found their assignment, Thanksgiving day and my cruise is showing sold out from my travel agent. Anyway- I find it fun- and I did not really expect to find an assignment, as you pointed out, I may not know even a week out. But I will continue to check-just for the fun of it.

Sure you can check, it's free but I thought the question was asked from the point of view of what's the window of opportunity for a cabin assignment. On my cruise, those that got early assignments were special circumstance bookings, like more families cruising in more than one cabin, or friends with linked bookings, etc. Once I started checking, I became addicted to it, checking multiple times in a day. :) :) So I know how much fun it is to check and hope that the magic number is there. Happy Sailing!

Sure you can check, it's free but I thought the question was asked from the point of view of what's the window of opportunity for a cabin assignment. On my cruise, those that got early assignments were special circumstance bookings, like more families cruising in more than one cabin, or friends with linked bookings, etc. Once I started checking, I became addicted to it, checking multiple times in a day. :) :) So I know how much fun it is to check and hope that the magic number is there. Happy Sailing!

If you go back a couple of pages in this thread, you will see where I asked how you check 2 or 3 days ago. I was told. I was letting those who told me how that I did it, that is all.

shall we start getting anxious? we fly into FLL on Friday afternoon...

Anxious about what? :confused: You have a cabin on the cruise. You know what to do if you don't have the assignment by the time you get to the pier. (You do know what to do, don't you???)

Nothing to get anxious about. Just pack, and plan to have a good time.

Sailing on the Zuiderdam on 12/13/2009 and just got our cabin this evening. VH guarantee to VD . . . with a lovely plexiglass rail. Ike is pleased! I wasn't expecting anything for a few more days . . . not that that stopped me from checking, you know, now and then. Now to see about an upsell to Aft VA . . . :D

- Ike

Sailing on the Zuiderdam-2/21/10. Is there any way to check which cabins are available-we have GTY VE. I know some wise cruiser nows the answer to this.

Thanx-Nana Vegas

No, there isn't a way to see all that are available. HAL doesn't even tell their TA's that info. You can go to some online TA sites and see up to 6 cabins in a class that are open. For example, on your cruise there are SAs 7059, 7062, 7066, 7068, 7071, and 7073. In VAs there are 4174, 4176, 4179, 5186, 5187, and 5188. But that doesn't mean that's all there are open in those classes!! :)

This is our first cruise on HAL and everything was a guarantee for May. We booked the highest inside cabin I which we have never tried an inside but we will be happy with it if there is no upgrade. Question is for those experience HAL cruisers: are they known to offer complementary upgrades from the highest inside to outside and if it is the lowest outside we would not be interested since that would put us at the bottom of the ship and we are at decks 6 and 7 now. The Lanai cabin would be nice though and not much more than what we paid if that is possible with HAL. Any experiences with this?

Sailing on the Zuiderdam-2/21/10. Is there any way to check which cabins are available-we have GTY VE. I know some wise cruiser nows the answer to this.

Thanx-Nana Vegas

It depends on how badly you want to know. ;) For our cruise I entered each Aft VA cabin manually and verified whether or not it was available. Just pull up a copy of the deck plan and go down the list. Depending on which cabin you chose, if it is unavailable you may get a different set of alternative available cabins, which reduces the number you have to enter yourself.

- Ike

We got our cabin !!!! The upgrade fairy was very nice to us and we went from a VF to a VB, however it is in the back of the ship... I am a little worried about the ship movement...

Very nice upgrade. We haven't got our assignment yet (as of this morning) but I'll post when we do. I hope we're as lucky as you were :) I can't comment on the back of ship cabin as don't have any experience with that location. What deck is it?

It won't be long now. I heard on the weather this morning that Florida (not sure which area) is expecting Tornadoes (sure hope they go away by next week)!

10 days out we were assigned a VD shower-only verandah. We are very happy with the location - aft and portside. Saw on this thread some of you had that type - Jdoc31 and Olson99. Were the cabins/bathroom smaller than regular verandahs? We have been in VB and VC before. I have asked the question elsewhere, hope to hear from some of you experienced cruisers! Thank you!! :) Salzburg

We will be on deck 6, port side all the way in the aft section...

Very nice upgrade. We haven't got our assignment yet (as of this morning) but I'll post when we do. I hope we're as lucky as you were :) I can't comment on the back of ship cabin as don't have any experience with that location. What deck is it?

It won't be long now. I heard on the weather this morning that Florida (not sure which area) is expecting Tornadoes (sure hope they go away by next week)!

good sign or bad sign? should i call HAL?
Neither - just the way it happens sometimes. Calling won't help. We've gotten assignments anywhere from 18 days out to 3 days out. Some people don't find out until they get to the check-in desk. Don't worry, you'll have a cabin at least as good as you guaranteed. :)

p.s. - we've gotten several assignments between 7:00p and 8:00p ET (4:00p to 5:00p PT) so it's not out of the question that you may still find out tonight.

it's wednesday evening. the ship sails saturday. still no cabin assignment for our guarantee. good sign or bad sign? should i call HAL?

We leave Sunday and we just got our assignment. The upgrade fairy was extremely generous!! We booked an HH guar. and got a VB room. I am going to surprise my daughter and not tell her:).

We have always booked outside rooms so that we could travel more often, now we will be so spoiled.

We leave Sunday and we just got our assignment. The upgrade fairy was extremely generous!! We booked an HH guar. and got a VB room. I am going to surprise my daughter and not tell her:).

We have always booked outside rooms so that we could travel more often, now we will be so spoiled.

Cate54 - Congratulations! - Love the up Grade Fairy! - Have a wonderful Trip!

Moondoggie - Hang on one more day - Try printing a new set of Luggage tags and see if your cabin # is there. Good luck!

Archived