Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=78&

Use this link and scroll down to Fort Lauderdale beach to see recent Priceline wins and number of stars. My advice is that if you want to be at or on the beach, do not use Priceline. Hyatt Pier 66 is not a reasonable walk to the beach, Gallery One is about a 4-5 block walk, Il Lugano is about 3 blocks away, Marriott Harbor Beach is not reasonable walking distance to anything but is on the beach, and Ocean Sky gets some bad reviews. If you bid 3 or 4 star, you could end up with any of these, and I don't know about the 1-2 star hotels. The other 3-4 star hotels listed are right at or on the beach and are great. Bahia Mar is a 3 star right across the street from the beach and is just 6 blocks from the strip. They tend to have the best rates in the area, so maybe you can get a good deal there by booking directly. The Best Western Oceanside might be fine (check tripadvisor for latest reviews), but there isn't that much around within 10 blocks.

Why not use priceline? Not good about hotels at the beach? Just was wondering. I haven't been to the site so wasnt sure what is what. Is there a hotel at the beach that you reccomend that I could just look up and book on my own? Sorry to ask so many questions! Just got burned pretty bad a few years ago when we booked a hotel thru AAA in clearwater. They rated place very high and it was a dump and was filthy. We usually just fly in morning of our cruise but it saved us quite a bit to come a day early. Thanks in advance and like I said sorry for so many questions!

Tara

Why not use priceline? Not good about hotels at the beach? Just was wondering. I haven't been to the site so wasnt sure what is what. Is there a hotel at the beach that you reccomend that I could just look up and book on my own? Sorry to ask so many questions! Just got burned pretty bad a few years ago when we booked a hotel thru AAA in clearwater. They rated place very high and it was a dump and was filthy. We usually just fly in morning of our cruise but it saved us quite a bit to come a day early. Thanks in advance and like I said sorry for so many questions!

Tara

I addressed all of these questions in my posting with the betterbidding link, so please reread. You would bid on Priceline for Fort Lauderdale "beach" zone; the issue is that you might not really end up close to the beach or you could end up with the Ocean Sky, which gets bad reviews. If you want a direct booking with a Priceline-range price, I suggested the Bahia Mar. There are lots of hotels that are right AT (across the street) the beach that are more expensive and would be recommended: Marriott Courtyard, Marriott Beach Place, Westin, W, Ritz, Hilton. Best Western Oceanside, Marriott Harbor Beach, and Sheraton are actually on the beach, but are a further walk from anything, and you mentioned that that might be an issue. If you don't care about being near the beach, all of the "downtown" zone priceline hotels are great for cruisers.

I didn't realize that. That's the information I needed. Thanks.

Just wanted to thank you again for your help. I procrastinated too long waiting for an answer and the deal disappeared. So, I decided to take a shot with Priceline and ended up getting the two rooms for $79/night. All's well that end's well.

We are staying Gallery One pre cruise are there any car rental companies near the hotel ,I could then return the car the morning of our cruise ,maybe budget alamo thrifty dollar,my mum is 87 disabled and it would help if I can hold the car until the cruise .I usually return the car the night before to the airport and taxi to the hotel,this way I may save a little... thanks

We are staying Gallery One pre cruise are there any car rental companies near the hotel ,I could then return the car the morning of our cruise ,maybe budget alamo thrifty dollar,my mum is 87 disabled and it would help if I can hold the car until the cruise .I usually return the car the night before to the airport and taxi to the hotel,this way I may save a little... thanks

These are really close to the hotel. Enterprise advertises that they pick you up. Maybe they would drop you off at the port. If not, a cab will cost about $25 with tip. It might be cheaper to pay the airport facility charge and get a free shuttle to the port. Anyway these are options...

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - 1.24 miles away

12 E Sunrise Bl, Ft Lauderdale, FL 33304 US (866) 341-9452

Enterprise Rent-A-Car - 0.67 miles away

1240 N Federal Hwy, Bayview Cadillac, FL 33304 US (888) 319-7142

Hertz® Rent-a-Car - 1.51 miles away

912 North Federal Highway, Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33304 US (954) 760-4719

We have an 8 am flight to go to ny for carnival cruise in Sept. and were thinking of staying the day before at a FLL hotel with airport shuttle. Anyone know of any reasonable hotels near airport? A friend is driving us, so we won't need parking, just shuttle.

We have an 8 am flight to go to ny for carnival cruise in Sept. and were thinking of staying the day before at a FLL hotel with airport shuttle. Anyone know of any reasonable hotels near airport? A friend is driving us, so we won't need parking, just shuttle.
Try the Sleep Inn in Dania

I addressed all of these questions in my posting with the betterbidding link, so please reread. You would bid on Priceline for Fort Lauderdale "beach" zone; the issue is that you might not really end up close to the beach or you could end up with the Ocean Sky, which gets bad reviews. If you want a direct booking with a Priceline-range price, I suggested the Bahia Mar. There are lots of hotels that are right AT (across the street) the beach that are more expensive and would be recommended: Marriott Courtyard, Marriott Beach Place, Westin, W, Ritz, Hilton. Best Western Oceanside, Marriott Harbor Beach, and Sheraton are actually on the beach, but are a further walk from anything, and you mentioned that that might be an issue. If you don't care about being near the beach, all of the "downtown" zone priceline hotels are great for cruisers.

Sorry I misunderstood your post.

Ok I need everybodys input of the Holiday Inn Express Convention SE 17th Street ....

Please let me know what everybody thinks.......

Thanks.....................

Crazyone:cool::cool::cool:

I was just on the phone with them on Friday getting information for a pre-cruise stay in August. I ended up booking the Hyatt Place North just a block away. The reason why I went with the Hyatt Place was because the customer service I got from the phone calls was night and day between the two. The Hyatt Place has both a free shuttle to/from the airport and cruise-port while the Holiday Inn C.C. only has a free shuttle to/from the airport (the cruise shuttle costs $8). The Hyatt Place was also a few dollars less expensive.

These are just a couple key bullet points which helped me make my decision. I hope this helps!

I was just on the phone with them on Friday getting information for a pre-cruise stay in August. I ended up booking the Hyatt Place North just a block away. The reason why I went with the Hyatt Place was because the customer service I got from the phone calls was night and day between the two. The Hyatt Place has both a free shuttle to/from the airport and cruise-port while the Holiday Inn C.C. only has a free shuttle to/from the airport (the cruise shuttle costs $8). The Hyatt Place was also a few dollars less expensive.

These are just a couple key bullet points which helped me make my decision. I hope this helps!

Here is a link for Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-North

1851 SE Tenth Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

They have it for $89 Apr 1, 2010 - Oct 27, 2010 and $109 Oct 28, 2010 - Dec 31, 2010 and alot of cc people say that you can go to Costco and get $100 gift card for $80 then use it towards your room so you can save more money. Good luck and I hope this info helps you in any way.:D

Here is a link for Hyatt Place Fort Lauderdale Airport-North

1851 SE Tenth Avenue

Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316

http://www.valuetrips.com/AMS/FL/F17.htm

They have it for $89 Apr 1, 2010 - Oct 27, 2010 and $109 Oct 28, 2010 - Dec 31, 2010 and alot of cc people say that you can go to Costco and get $100 gift card for $80 then use it towards your room so you can save more money. Good luck and I hope this info helps you in any way.:D

This is a very good price. HP does seem somewhat nicer than HIE, as all of the rooms are mini-suites. HIE is a few blocks closer to the port entrance but both are in the same general neighborhood.

4 adults and one 3 year old arriving Friday night late at FLL for a Saturday cruise on the Epic out of Miami. I'm assuming a taxi late at night is the best option to get to the Westin Diplomat ($69/room name your own price on Priceline). Hotel ok? Is SAS around 11:00 am the best bet for getting to the port? Any ideas for what to do until 3:00 pm flight the following Saturday?

Thanks for your help.

Cathy

4 adults and one 3 year old arriving Friday night late at FLL for a Saturday cruise on the Epic out of Miami. I'm assuming a taxi late at night is the best option to get to the Westin Diplomat ($69/room name your own price on Priceline). You might need a couple of taxis for that many people with luggage. I think each taxi will cost about $40, so you might do better with a taxi van or shuttle.

Hotel ok?This hotel is REALLY nice! I hope that you get the beach location, although the golf resort is nice also.

Is SAS around 11:00 am the best bet for getting to the port? YES

Any ideas for what to do until 3:00 pm flight the following Saturday? You could rent a minivan or SUV that can be dropped off at FLL. Nice places to visit are Vizcaya, Coconut Grove, South Beach, Sawgrass Mills, Las Olas Blvd.

Thanks for your help.

Cathy

above

Edited by royalcruz

I tried but I just can't make it through 40 pages of posts to find the answer. We arranged our week to include 2 full days in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise in August. We will have a car to get around. I'm looking for a decent hotel in the $80 range that has free parking, a free continental breakfast, and maybe a resturaunt or two for dinner within walking distance. The hotel doesn't have to be a 5 star place but it does have to be in a decent neighborhood and clean. I'm basicly looking for a place to sleep in a convenient location to whatever else is around. Also looking for any good websites that show things to do/see in fort lauderdale.

Keith

Keith-during our search we looked at ValueTrips.com and the Hyatt Place North ascame up as cheap,try that one. We booked thru Hotwire for $59 at the Summerfield Suites Airport South. That was the best rate around. I understand a huge mall across street and lots of places to eat there too. Give it a try.

I just made reservations for 3 rooms at the Sleep Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale International Airport for about $72 per room including tax, etc. This hotel is in Dania and was suggested by numerous posters on this thread. Thank you for all your suggestions. As my husband pointed out, we're only staying at this hotel overnight before getting on the cruise ship, so just do it! (I pondered and researched for days - he is so practical!)

Edited by racknlube

I tried but I just can't make it through 40 pages of posts to find the answer. We arranged our week to include 2 full days in Fort Lauderdale after our cruise in August. We will have a car to get around. I'm looking for a decent hotel in the $80 range that has free parking, a free continental breakfast, and maybe a resturaunt or two for dinner within walking distance. The hotel doesn't have to be a 5 star place but it does have to be in a decent neighborhood and clean. I'm basicly looking for a place to sleep in a convenient location to whatever else is around. Also looking for any good websites that show things to do/see in fort lauderdale.

Keith

Check out Sleep Inn Dania, Hampton Inns on SW 12th Ave and Stirling Rd, Holiday Inn Express. Or bid under $80 on Priceline for a 3-4 star hotel in the downtown zone. Find activity ideas at sunny.org.

Looking for a property that will sleep 6 has transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to pier.

But also is close to shopping and restaurants within walking distance.

Am I asking to much ?

Who can help?

You might want to start a new thread for this question so that it will be more visible to more people. Look for a hotel near Stirling Rd, just east of I95 and you will be by Oakwood Plaza shopping and restaurants, maybe Springhill Suites or Summerfield Suites have large rooms and shuttles.

Looking for a property that will sleep 6 has transportation from airport to hotel and hotel to pier.

But also is close to shopping and restaurants within walking distance.

Am I asking to much ?

Who can help?

I booked the Springhill Suites through Hotwire ($59 per room + fees) for our precruise stay in Sept. I needed 3 rooms for 6 adults. They offer a shuttle from Airport and a shuttle to pier. Free breakfast. Oakwood Plaza is close by.

I booked the Springhill Suites through Hotwire ($59 per room + fees) for our precruise stay in Sept. I needed 3 rooms for 6 adults. They offer a shuttle from Airport and a shuttle to pier. Free breakfast. Oakwood Plaza is close by.

I see that Springhill has a suite with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed. Maybe that would work, Laneracing? Summerfield has a 2 bedroom suite with sofabed in the living room; they have free airport shuttles but I'm not sure about a port shuttle.