Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ

Bequia

Can u see the ships coming/going out from this hotel? What about taxi expense from airport or is there a better route? Restraunts seafood/steak good food relax atmosphere. There are 3 of us coming in, for pre cruise stay, anything u really need to see, not wanting to shop. I appreciate any feed back . Thank u janet:)

Can u see the ships coming/going out from this hotel? What about taxi expense from airport or is there a better route? Restraunts seafood/steak good food relax atmosphere. There are 3 of us coming in, for pre cruise stay, anything u really need to see, not wanting to shop. I appreciate any feed back . Thank u janet:)

Yes you can! You will be about 2 miles from the inlet but you will see the ships to the south. There is a very good relaxed seafood restaurant called Coconuts 1-1.5 miles south on A1A south. Lulu's Bait Shack in Beach Place is closer than that; it's pretty good but not as high quality food.

A follow up question on the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort. I know they provide valet parking (though at a kinda steep $33 per night.) Are there any public parking options available in that immediate area that may be more affordable? Thanks in advance.

A follow up question on the Hilton Ft Lauderdale Beach Resort. I know they provide valet parking (though at a kinda steep $33 per night.) Are there any public parking options available in that immediate area that may be more affordable? Thanks in advance.

There is no overnight public parking lot near there.

What are the chances of getting a hotel room for one night in mid-January for less than $100?

Any info or advice would be welcomed

Not much of a chance and if it was under $100 I would really really check it out because it just might be scary.

Perhaps consider a chain off the highway about 50 miles away and inland then you can drive in on the morning of the cruise. Easy Peasy but be aware that parking is expensive and there are lots of toll roads in the southern Florida area and you might need the transponder for your car.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone!

We would appreciate if you read this post all the way through – thank you in advance!

Many of you know we have been working very hard on fixing the access and performance issues on our message boards. We have determined that very large threads have a huge impact on your ease of access. As this thread has reached the 5,000 post limit, we are closing this thread.

I have created a new thread titled Ft. Lauderdale Q&A/FAQ Part 2 that can be found here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2030736

We appreciate your patience while we worked on the forums. Although we know that change can be uncomfortable, the good news is that we hope to provide a leaner, faster forum. And that’s a good thing.

Kat