What/what not to bring....

For my 1st cruise we are doing the 4 night bahamas on Majesty....

I looked at weather.com, and it says it is going to be raining for the next 10 days straight in Nassau.... I guess that is typical, right? With that, what kind of rain gear, if any, do you suggest for the ship and then for the day time excursions?

For the ladies with long hair, do you find having a travel sized hair brush with you to keep your hair tangle free on the ship at night is a good idea? I am guessing (and this is my first cruise) that we will get up to crusing speeds that will mess up my hair? What a disaster it would be to be all dressed up (I plan on dressing up most nights when on the ship) having my long hair be a disaster. I'm just trying to plan if I need an actual purse, or if I can get by with a clutch.

That's all I can think of for the moment. Thank you.

I usually bring those plastic disposable type, rain ponchos that you can get at the dollar store. I put them in my backpack whenever I go ashore. They don't take up much room and can be discarded after use. If not they are ready for the next cruise. Hope that helps. As for what not to bring, don't bring any in-laws. Bon Voyage.....

You most likely won't be outside at night so you won't have to worry about your hair getting all messed up after you get dressed up!

If you do feel like taking a stroll outside on the decks do it after dinner or right before you retire for the evening. That way you won't care if your hair gets messed up!

I would just bring a regular brush for in your room and leave it at that.

I never carried a small clutch with me. I just let my husband carry my seapass card and away we went!

Archived