Does anyone know what time you can make it to SFO airport?????

jezzdogg

Depends. If all goes well and you are one of the first off the ship, you can be at SFO (on a Sat) by 930. I was the first person off the ship.. grabbed my luggage and was out to the taxi rank in no time flat. It was pouring rain.

But do note, I was in a suite.. and Elite. I don't know if others had to wait for taxis.

But do plan on your drive taking the good part of an hour.. especially with traffic.

If clearance is held up.... you just never know. However, I did book a 130pm flight to be on the safe side.

Celebrity recommends flights no earlier than 1pm departing SFO. Downtown traffic can be bad up until you reach the freeway...it usually goes smoothly from there.

We are on the 03/20/05 sailing, and have flights booked at 1pm upon debarkation.

SDCruiser

We are returning on a Wed., so I was hoping we could make the noon flight, otherwise most flights are later in the day......... also, how much was the taxi fare or do they have the same kind of express service that they have from the airport to the hotels.

HI Jeez,

We are going to take the transfers from the cruise line so we don't have to worry about taxis. My TA says it about 30-35 buck PP. I figured, let the cruise line worry about getting me to the ship. Just another suggestion.

Talk to ya,

Jeff

We returned to SF on a Sunday morning and had no trouble making a 12:05 flight. Once you recieve your color to get off, go and make sure you're in the first color. We arranged a limo thru the ship and it was cheaper for the four of us than the transfers and was waiting for us when we got off. There was absolutely no traffic on Sunday morning.

Marilyn

Hi:) I vote with Jeff on this one....when I sailed Mercury back in March I used the cruiselines transfers....it was about 20.00 and the buses were waiting for you after you found your luggage.....got to the airport with no problems.

According to Celebrity, they will transfer you to the SFO airport with their bus transfer as long as your flight is after 1pm. This is the option we chose also for our upcoming Mercury cruise in March 2005. I think the cost is around $20 to $25/pp. No hassles and no waits.

SDCruiser (jeff)

Booking a noon flight is a big gamble, 1) I work very close to the airport and the trafiic can be very bad even around ten or eleven. 2) There are not a lot of cabs in that area of the city. 3) All you need is one person to hold up the customs officals and you might not even get off by 11. 4) We have waited over one hour to get through security at SFO. 5) The dock in SF is very porr and is a madhouse.Take a later flight and book with the cruise line.

Archived