NCL bahamas cruise vs. TS(or worse)

CruiserRose

Anyone sailed NCL on a bahamas cruise and had a tropical system affect your cruise? Did they change the itin? Where did it go? what was the itin?

FYI, we are scheduled to sail to bahamas on friday and wonder if that is in fact what we will be doing.

One more item, I looked briefly for weather statment on NCL site, but didnt see it. anyone have the link handy?

I see press releases on this page regarding last system that passed by and NCL advisories. Is this where we should be looking?

http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=MediaCenter

NCL posts the weather alerts on the home page, top left, in bright red. You can't miss them. If there's nothing there now, it means they have no definitive information. Decisions on diverting a cruise often can't be made very far in advance.

cool thanks for the info. I just didnt even know where to look on the page as there is nothting there now. we have sailed during hurricane season and had our itin changed in the past. both prior to cruising and while onboard. just wanted to keep a lookout to see where the info if/could be listed.

i am still intrested if anyone has been diverted on a bahamas cruise. key west for a night sounds good to me right now.

Don't worry too much about it. The current system (92L) is still just a tropical wave and it isn't likely to approach too closely to the Bahamas. Regardless, its closest approach to the Bahamas will be sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

Don't worry too much about it. The current system (92L) is still just a tropical wave and it isn't likely to approach too closely to the Bahamas. Regardless, its closest approach to the Bahamas will be sometime tomorrow or Thursday.

I imagine it will still throw off bands of weather at the islands even if not in the direct path of the storm.

I imagine it will still throw off bands of weather at the islands even if not in the direct path of the storm.

I understand your concern, but by Friday morning the storm will likely be off the coast of NC. There won't be much of any effect in south Florida or the Bahamas. Certainly not by Saturday. This storm is not like a massive, well organized hurricane with long feeder bands. It's just a mass of thunderstorms.

Relax and enjoy your trip! :)

Archived