Fins & Flippers NO MORE!!!

pjtulsa

Another option is Bananarama. We are going to Bananarama in a few weeks. They are picking us up at the pier, giving us chairs on the beach and returning us to the ship. The total price is $20 pp. I think that is a great deal! I can't wait!

Another option is Bananarama. We are going to Bananarama in a few weeks. They are picking us up at the pier, giving us chairs on the beach and returning us to the ship. The total price is $20 pp. I think that is a great deal! I can't wait!

That sounds like what a lot of people will be looking for :D

Please post the details of how you reserved..

Thanks for the good news

I don't see where they will pick you up for $20 RT from the port to the beach.

If you dive with them it is $15 fee for transportation. Not sure if that is a trip from the ship to them or $15 for a boat ride to snorkle.

It is so hard to get a direct answer regarding transportation on this island.

I just want to snorkle for a few hours and not spend lot and lots of cash to do it!

Good luck

It is so hard to get a direct answer regarding transportation on this island.

I just want to snorkle for a few hours and not spend lot and lots of cash to do it!

Good luck

This has all been explained to you many times as you keep asking about taxi prices. Lets try one more time to make it simple.

1. There are NO set/enforced cab fares so you won't get ONE answer about prices.

2. It is extremely easy to catch a cab to West Bay, you will work out your best price with the driver outside the fenced area. Some pay $10pp some pay a lot more, some wuote RT some quote one way, JUST ASK the driver.

3. If the price seems too hight at first then say no and ask another.

4 If you want a cab all alone you will pay more.

5 Tens of thousands of people take a cab to West Bay every year, it's really not hard to do, you just cant expect to know for sure every minute detail before you get there.

6 Roatan is third world, do not expect email communications like a lot of places, Often power is out along with internet.

7 If your really that worried over a few dollars either way you can always stay on the boat.

8 You can get off the ship, ask prices, if too high for you then get back on

This looks like a good alternative to fins and flippers. Anyone have information regarding this place?

We also have a snorkeling package which includes round-trip transportation

(minimum of 2 people). The price is $25 each including equipment for

snorkeling off our beach. We also offer a Discover Scuba Dive - Introductory

for $115 + tax, including transportation.

Additional guests can travel with you for $15 a person if they wish to spend

the day at the beach. We do have a full service onsite restaurant and bar

called the Thirsty Turtle. Additional amenities such as kayaks, beach chairs

and snorkel gear are available for rent on the property.

This looks like a good alternative to fins and flippers. Anyone have information regarding this place?

We also have a snorkeling package which includes round-trip transportation

(minimum of 2 people). The price is $25 each including equipment for

snorkeling off our beach. We also offer a Discover Scuba Dive - Introductory

for $115 + tax, including transportation.

Additional guests can travel with you for $15 a person if they wish to spend

the day at the beach. We do have a full service onsite restaurant and bar

called the Thirsty Turtle. Additional amenities such as kayaks, beach chairs

and snorkel gear are available for rent on the property.

This place? http://www.roatanecoresort.com/thirstyturtle/

Used to be Bananarama Dive Resort. It's next to the Maya Princess in West Bay. A bit more rustic than the MP.

Once again.... not a direct answer about getting to snorkle on this Island.

Both links regarding Bananarama do not got to anyplace that says>>>

$15 transportation to snorkle with us. I see information about diving with them.

Again Bananrama is at West Bay Beach. It would be great to snorkle infront of Bananarama. The trouble is again-getting to West Bay Beach!!

As posted: #2. It is extremely easy to catch a cab to West Bay, you will work out your best price with the driver outside the fenced area. Some pay $10pp some pay a lot more, some wuote RT some quote one way, JUST ASK the driver.

I am just trying to figure out if I need to carry $30 RT for 3 people to go to the West Bay beach or is it more like $60 RT for a taxi ride?

#5 Tens of thousands of people take a cab to West Bay every year, it's really not hard to do, you just cant expect to know for sure every minute detail before you get there.

Yes I do plan to have my day planned at each port. I do need to figure out money before I cruise.

I have not heard from anyone who has taken a taxi to West Bay Beach and what they paid.

If anyone has any real information about this I would love to know.

Thanks,

Once again.... not a direct answer about getting to snorkle on this Island.

Both links regarding Bananarama do not got to anyplace that says>>>

$15 transportation to snorkle with us. I see information about diving with them.

Again Bananrama is at West Bay Beach. It would be great to snorkle infront of Bananarama. The trouble is again-getting to West Bay Beach!!

As posted: #2. It is extremely easy to catch a cab to West Bay, you will work out your best price with the driver outside the fenced area. Some pay $10pp some pay a lot more, some wuote RT some quote one way, JUST ASK the driver.

I am just trying to figure out if I need to carry $30 RT for 3 people to go to the West Bay beach or is it more like $60 RT for a taxi ride?

#5 Tens of thousands of people take a cab to West Bay every year, it's really not hard to do, you just cant expect to know for sure every minute detail before you get there.

Yes I do plan to have my day planned at each port. I do need to figure out money before I cruise.

I have not heard from anyone who has taken a taxi to West Bay Beach and what they paid.

If anyone has any real information about this I would love to know.

Thanks,

You may be making this more difficult than it actually is. I reported earlier that our friends that were cruising with us in June paid the taxi $20 each way ($40 Round Trip) to get to WB from the port .. that was for 4 persons which makes it $10 pp total plus a tip of course... If there are only 3 of you the price goes up to 13.33 pp. There are also MANY posters on the Roatan board posting the same info.... If you want a CONFIRMED PRICE I suggest that you book The beach bus transfers through Victor, it is $20 per person.

I hope that helps confirm your options and you can enjoy your planning as well as your cruise. :)

To take a taxi to West Bay Beach is $20 each way per taxi and a tip. $40 RT per taxi to the beach and back.

That's all I needed to know.

Now others and myself will be ready to pay that price when we get into port.

Thanks

We have six adults and a two year old. Do they have any taxis that are vans or will we need two taxis?

Sorry, but I can't say for sure... I will ask my friends how it worked out for them. I know most of the vans are used for the tour companies (Victor & Rony) but there may be a few left for taxis but I would say 2 taxis just to be on the safe side.

I will try to let you know what I find out.

Well, after reading everything on here it has helped me to make up my mind. I still plan on going to Fins 'n Flippers/Mayan Key Roatan on our trip Sept 2010. I enjoyed it plenty to pay $50pp. I have paid a lot more for crappy excursions before. I have snorkeled in Hawaii, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Roatan, and Roatan (off the pier at FnF) is hands down the best I have seen. The food was all reasonable priced, quiet and not rushed, and maybe the $50pp price will keep even more people off the little island. The only thing I am concerned about is getting to the dock from the ship's pier. Hopefully FnF starts to operate their own van back and forth.

Well, after reading everything on here it has helped me to make up my mind. I still plan on going to Fins 'n Flippers/Mayan Key Roatan on our trip Sept 2010. I enjoyed it plenty to pay $50pp. I have paid a lot more for crappy excursions before. I have snorkeled in Hawaii, Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Roatan, and Roatan (off the pier at FnF) is hands down the best I have seen. The food was all reasonable priced, quiet and not rushed, and maybe the $50pp price will keep even more people off the little island. The only thing I am concerned about is getting to the dock from the ship's pier. Hopefully FnF starts to operate their own van back and forth.

I have to agree with you on this one. I think the $50 price is going to keep a lot of people away. At $20 it is a option for "anyone". As far as getting there goes there boat it take you over there is very close to where the cruise ship docks. We went there in Feb 08, right after if opened. Eight of us booked together and we ended being the only ones there. Boy did we feel special. We were only at Roatan from 3 till 8. A coupe in our group were concerned about walking back to the ship after dark so Cindy had the shuttle drop us off right at the ship. It was a beautiful sight looking at the Norwegian Spirt all lit up while we still at Fins and Flippers. We are still thinking of goig here on our Feb 2010 cruise.

A new dock is in the process of being built that won't be as close as the current one is.

Here is an e-mail reply I got on 9/3 regarding transportation from the new pier:

"We are planning on providing transportation to Maya Key from the new Carnival Cruise ship dock, but don't have specifics as of yet.

The trip would take about 15 minutes (give or take a few minutes for traffice).

Check back with us a little later.

Cindy Carter

Maya Key

Manager"

Archived