Fav restaurant-Ft. Lauderdale

CruiserDoc

Any suggestions as to a restaurant on the waterfront in Ft. Lauderdale for dinner? A group of us will be staying at the Renaissance (17th street) for a pre-cruise one night. I understand the water taxi is 2 blocks away-something convenient to the water taxi would be great!

Thanks!

If you want a view and decide to take the water taxi, there's 15th Street Fisheries. http://www.15streetfisheries.com/

For steak there's Grille 66 at the Hyatt. http://www.grille66andbar.com/

For very casual atomsphere and good value, you can't miss with Kelly's landing right down the street. http://kellyslandingseafood.com/

You may want to search this thread for other recs from locals like Royalcruz. She has a good take on the area.

On the water taxi route:

15th St Fisheries

Bahia Cabana

Coconuts

The Vue at Gallery One Hotel

Shooters

Charley's Crab

I've tried all but the Vue and they all have their merits, so look up the menus and pick your favorite. I like Charley's Crab for upscale dining, but it has had mixed revues since it was bought by Landry's restaurants. I like Coconuts and Bahia Cabana for casual dining.

Hey RC...

What's word on 3030 Ocean? Really the best seafood spot? A bit expensive and you'll probably have to wear your "formal night " attire if you're cruising. But there's a shot I might be able to use a DineOut Fort Lauderdale coupon here, if I can wrangle my business trip dates a bit.

Also, looks like, I'm being quartered out next to the airport, which brings up the old Rustic Inn for garlic crabs. Still worth it? A bit far for many staying closer to the cruise port, but very casual and reasonably priced.

My favorite are the meatballs at Cafe Martorano. No contest.

I also love 3030 at the Marriott.

Both are serious $$$$

Waterfront I love:

Nikki Marina

Charley's Crab

Shooters

15th Street Fisheries

Bahia Cabana

Le Tub

Just about everyone agrees that Cafe Martorano has some of the best Italian food in South Florida. However, bring lots of money and a sleeping bag; they don't take reservations and the wait can be just about interminable.

Neil/Miami

Hey RC...

What's word on 3030 Ocean? Really the best seafood spot? A bit expensive and you'll probably have to wear your "formal night " attire if you're cruising. But there's a shot I might be able to use a DineOut Fort Lauderdale coupon here, if I can wrangle my business trip dates a bit.

Also, looks like, I'm being quartered out next to the airport, which brings up the old Rustic Inn for garlic crabs. Still worth it? A bit far for many staying closer to the cruise port, but very casual and reasonably priced.

I haven't been to 3030 for a while, but it is really nice and the food is great. It's not that dressy, but not casual either; just dinner attire. They have a good deal on restaurant.com. If you use the code "taste" you can buy a $25 certificate for $2 but the offer ends today. Sign up on this website to get the coupon codes emailed to you. Rustic Inn isn't my kind of place, so I can't offer any help there; I went there 20 yrs ago and haven't had the urge to return (I'm from Baltimore, so FL crabs aren't such an appeal, and I don't care for that sort of rustic and noisy atmosphere). It's still probably the best place for garlic crabs, though.

Just about everyone agrees that Cafe Martorano has some of the best Italian food in South Florida. However, bring lots of money and a sleeping bag; they don't take reservations and the wait can be just about interminable.

Neil/Miami

Put ear plugs on your list too.

Has anyone tried Grumpy Gators? We usually look for something pretty casual, burgers & beer type of place before a cruise. I've noticed a coupon on Restaurants.com & also wondered if it was near the Renaissance or water taxi route?

Grumpy Gators is a casual seafood restaurant.

Has anyone tried Grumpy Gators? We usually look for something pretty casual, burgers & beer type of place before a cruise. I've noticed a coupon on Restaurants.com & also wondered if it was near the Renaissance or water taxi route?

I haven't eaten there but it is in the Harbor Shops on 17th St and Cordova Road. It is about a 4-5 block walk west of the Renaissance.

Here's a couple of reviews from yelp.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/grumpy-gators-sea-grill-and-bar-fort-lauderdale

Looks mixed.

I'd prefer Kelly's Landing in the same area. It's more seafood but they do have a good burger. With a coupon, GGs might be a bit cheaper, though. It's your night before a cruise, if this place strikes your fancy and the price is right,go and enjoy!

Here's a couple of reviews from yelp.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/grumpy-gators-sea-grill-and-bar-fort-lauderdale

Looks mixed.

I'd prefer Kelly's Landing in the same area. It's more seafood but they do have a good burger. With a coupon, GGs might be a bit cheaper, though. It's your night before a cruise, if this place strikes your fancy and the price is right,go and enjoy!

Thanks for your help! I read the reviews & decided against GGs. Maybe we'll check out Kelly's Landing.

Bimini Boatyards is directly beside the 17th Street Renaissance. It is on a canal so some water is visible but the food is terrific and the service is great. I highly recommend it!

When was the last time you were there? It's not the same place it used to be.

Hey RC...

We ate at the 3030 during our precruise stay last year. It was wonderful and the best meal we had the entire vacation.

Be warned, we also spent more money on dinner that night than we spent on our hotel room.

cruise003.jpg

Archived