VF on Eurodam

1cruiselvr

Or with a VF guarantee, you could end up in the VT with the Juliette balcony-ette. The VQ, I believe, is the spa verandah stateroom.

We just got back from a Baltic cruise on the Eurodam and had a VT cabin by choice. I don't have one complaint. It was great to be on a deck with only 5 cabins port and 5 starboard. We were 50 feet from the Crow's Nest at night and every morning had breakfast served in our room and then adjurned to the Exploration Cafe. Days at sea we rented a private cabana and never felt the need to park ourselves on our verandah balcony. In Port we had the best view onboard ship and there were some spa perks for VT that didn't come with any other categories. I guess it's all in how you view things. If I had it to do over again I would stay in a VT in a New York minute.

Thanks everyone for the info on VF steel verandahs. Because of your excellent advice I have rebooked on a Christmas cruise (was going for New Years) and have now got VD cabin for the same price I paid for the VF. Yipee!

Well I booked and paid in full so I'm committed. Now I start the cabin assignment countdown. I know HAL doesn't usually assign GTYs until less than 10 days out and I'm sailing in November, so it's going to be a long wait. Happy Sailing!

We just got back from a Baltic cruise on the Eurodam and had a VT cabin by choice. I don't have one complaint. It was great to be on a deck with only 5 cabins port and 5 starboard. We were 50 feet from the Crow's Nest at night and every morning had breakfast served in our room and then adjurned to the Exploration Cafe. Days at sea we rented a private cabana and never felt the need to park ourselves on our verandah balcony. In Port we had the best view onboard ship and there were some spa perks for VT that didn't come with any other categories. I guess it's all in how you view things. If I had it to do over again I would stay in a VT in a New York minute.

My point was that each of us has preferences and dislikes and, for some of us, the Juliette balcony might not be to our liking. I mentioned the Juliette not because I've been in one and disliked it, but to draw attention to the features of a cabin to which the poster could be upgraded.

It is nice to see that some people do like the VT cabins. It has gotten such a bad rap on CC - like just about every new thing HAL introduces. Remember how the flexible dining, cabanas etc were derided but with time many have posted that they like it. So, it's not everyone's cup of tea (like VT won't be mine) but that's what's great about it is that one has options.

Archived