questions re boots for PAII trips

tupper10

Do we need to bring our own boots for the PAII or are there enough on board. With the luggage restrictions I would rather not take them. Also for those of you who have gone what clothing did you wear while on board and not on the zodiacs. There are lots of sales going on right now so we figured we would get our gear now for our trip in January. Thanks in advance for your help.

Nobody wants to help you , tupper.

If you do a search , there are already quite a few threads about boots as well as clothing.

Try the Antarctica list too.

Seems to me that the boots are pretty "communal".. but the hassles of carting wellies from down under means we will be happy to share .. :-0

cheers

Hi tupper - we are also looking for the answer (and will be travelling from down under) - and it is compounded by the fact that I have a small foot (35 or 36 with thick socks!). We have 12 months to wait as we are doing the Arctic next August. I see on their site that the company they use is offering a delivery to the ship - we are hoping that maybe we will be able to do the same next year, otherwise excess luggage maybe :( Think that onboard clothing will be long pants and jumpers with thermals underneath.Good idea to look at Antarctica tgh as the answer just might be there.

Thanks for the info Jade13. When you say "really odd size" - how odd would you think? As I said I have a small foot - a European 36 would be OK with thick socks. I would hope they have some in my size. - perhaps I will ask them closer to our trip. Might just cut down on the packing. One other thing - what kind of boots were they? Was there any insulation?

Thanks for the info Jade13. When you say "really odd size" - how odd would you think? As I said I have a small foot - a European 36 would be OK with thick socks. I would hope they have some in my size. - perhaps I will ask them closer to our trip. Might just cut down on the packing. One other thing - what kind of boots were they? Was there any insulation?

No insulation. Just rubber boots. Many differant types as many passengers leave theirs on the ship. Whatever ones I had, someone else brought the identical models and said they bought them in the US (maybe from Walmart) for US $18.00. The issue of course is the weight, not the cost.

You wear socks, long underwear and your sweat pants inside of the boots. You can wear your water proof pants on the outside or tuck them in.

When I said odd, I was thinking men with veryy large feet.

Archived