Disembarking Infinity Sep. 18, 2009

morrisretired

We will on the Infinity out of Seattle Sep. 11-18 on a cruise to Alaska. In the Concierge Class, which is supposed to have priority disembarking. We were wondering about what time we could get to the Seattle Airport to catch our plane. Has the Infinity arrived back in Seattle late this year?

We will on the Infinity out of Seattle Sep. 11-18 on a cruise to Alaska. In the Concierge Class, which is supposed to have priority disembarking. We were wondering about what time we could get to the Seattle Airport to catch our plane. Has the Infinity arrived back in Seattle late this year?

I haven't heard of a late arrival yet this year. The ship is in Victoria the day before, and that's just too close to get behind schedlue into Seattle.

Off topic, I'm on your sailing, and we're still 5 people short for our Connections Party. Have you signed up yet?:)

See you on board!

Katree

What time is your flight?

We were on the Infinity last week on the 8/14 to 8/21 sailing. Like the previous post states, the distance between Victoria and Seattle is only short (86 nautical miles), so the odds of the ship coming in late are very minimal.

There might be a slight chance of customs delay, but barring that, you should be able to get off the ship after 7 AM. They have the express self service luggage service where you take your own luggage off the ship. Those are off really early and you can catch a cab to the airport.

Or they have the valet luggage service where for $20/pp, they take your luggage directly off the ship to the airport and you are issued the boarding pass while on the ship. The next time you see your luggage would be at your final destination airport. So if timing is an issue, I would look into that option and then just walk off the ship early with just your carry ons and not have to rummage for your suitcase in the sea of luggage at the pier warehouse.

What time is your flight?

We were on the Infinity last week on the 8/14 to 8/21 sailing. Like the previous post states, the distance between Victoria and Seattle is only short (86 nautical miles), so the odds of the ship coming in late are very minimal.

There might be a slight chance of customs delay, but barring that, you should be able to get off the ship after 7 AM. They have the express self service luggage service where you take your own luggage off the ship. Those are off really early and you can catch a cab to the airport.

Or they have the valet luggage service where for $20/pp, they take your luggage directly off the ship to the airport and you are issued the boarding pass while on the ship. The next time you see your luggage would be at your final destination airport. So if timing is an issue, I would look into that option and then just walk off the ship early with just your carry ons and not have to rummage for your suitcase in the sea of luggage at the pier warehouse.

Keep in mind that they do not generally provide the valet luggage service to early flights due to risks of the luggage not making it to the airport on time. I think it is only for flights leaving after 11:00 or noon.

We were originally leaving Sep. 19 and flying back to Austin. The other four in our group, decided to detour to Las Vegas for three nights before going home. That is why we are asking about the time we arrive back in Seattle on Sep. 18. I want to pick a 10:45 flight and my wife wants the 2:35 one to be safe. They picked the later one. We need to decide soon. Yes, we have signed up for the cruise connections party. The other four haven't though. I need to remind them again. Thanks for the replies.

Our flight was at 4 PM and we got the late disembarkation at 9:30 AM on the Infinity. But they were running so far ahead of schedule, that by 9 AM, they were making the general announcement, “All guests must departure NOW”.

If you decided on a later flight, pier 66 has concierge luggage storage for $3/bag. So that you can store your luggage while you walk around the waterfront or Pike Place Market. That was what we did as we dropped off the luggage and had lunch before heading for the airport at 2. Much better choice than sitting at the airport and staring at your shoelaces and eating the airport food.

Archived