ES rate drop question

pknapper

Found that price had dropped 120.00 per cabin and filled out the online form and sent in on Tuesday. Will I get an email confirmation from Carnival? Should I call to double check they have recieved?

Another question on a side note. My PVP, while he was great before I booked, it now unresponsive to calls or emails. If I want a new PVP, can I request a new one?

Thanks

Patti

hi Patti,

I submitted a price drop request on Tuesday, too. Give it a few more days. I won't give it a second thought until Monday. We've had no problems, but it has taken between 1-4 days for me to hear back for the last couple of drops. (and I don't count weekends).

As for your PVP, do you mean unresponsive over a couple days, or a couple weeks? He could be on vacation... but I'm sure you can always request a new PVP if you are not happy with yours.

I have submitted three forms so far:

1st: Approved and email confirmation received in about 5 days.

2nd: Received no reply. Nothing. Nada. Zilch.

3rd: A week later, I resubmitted the 2nd one despite the fact that the lower fare was no longer active. About 5 days later, I received a reply, my request was denied without any cause noted.

I was guessing that the reason for denial was that the request had been submitted long after the lower fare had ceased to exist. So I sent a very polite reply to the denial, stating that I had submitted the original request when the fare was indeed active and wondered why it was being denied.

I received an approval the very next day. :) So while I was a bit miffed by the denial initially, they made it right. Also, I had my screen prints - one of the lower fare, and one of the actual "ES receipt". I was prepared to challenge the decision further if necessary. ;)

ES is no longer offered on my sailing and prices are easily $300 more than what I paid, so I feel that it is unlikely that I will see another drop, but I'll still be watching and plan to book my next cruise as an ES too. It's been pretty easy to work with so far. :)

I submitted my ES price reduction forms 3 times now with no response! Luckily my reduced price is still active, but for how long??? I did take multiple screenshots of multiple websites including the ES form and I have printed out everything, but what worries me is that I called Carnival and the girl put me on hold for like 7 minutes and came back on the line and said that dept. never received either of my requests!!! So, I submitted a 3rd one today...but who knows if they'll get that one? If they say they never received it, then how can I prove I sumbitted it? My print outs don't have a date and time on them, seems like it would be my word against theirs. I have read that others are having this problem too. I am going to call them tomorrow and request a fax number or email address to submit it a 4th time (if I don't hear by then). Thanks, mostly just venting...DH is sick of hearing about it!:rolleyes:

Edeno in Sacramento

p.s. If I do get a fax # or email address could I/should I post it on this board for others to use?

Archived