What would you do?

topspin1267

You are just asking for trouble if you give your advice or suggestions (even if they did ask). Just tell them the sq footage of the rooms, and send them a few pictures of the rooms on the Internet (or just tell them where to find the pictures). They can take it from there.

[quote name=falkcor;20995745 the room DOES have furniture of it's own. and a lot of it (including the drop from the ceiling type) for 4 people in one cabin :D

Good point - thought of it myself after I posted!

how bout this... if their living room is 10x18.5... that's the size of their cabin. if it's bigger than that' date=' then they'll be 'living' for a week, in a room smaller than their 'living' room...

[/quote]

Not quite, since that would only be completely true if they were confined to their cabin for the duration of the cruise. We're a family with 5 kids and over the years we've cruised in various room configurations. (I guess it helps that we all like each other and nobody snores.) I just tailor the way I cruise (and what I pack) to suit how many people are going to be in the cabin this time. Adjusting both packing and attitude can keep me quite content. If we're going to be crowded, I bring clothing that is both comfy and fashionable so I can use the public rooms of the ship to read and relax. I bring a tote bag and use the spa showers. In short, I plan ahead to have what I need to extend my living area into the ship. I just use the cabin to sleep and to store my stuff. On the other hand, when DH and I have our own cabin with balcony, I know I'll be spending lots of time in the cabin. I pack less clothing (thanks to Carnival's robes) but its dressier stuff rather than "chill wear". Just saying that if you think it through ahead of time and pack accordingly cabin crowding can be worked around nicely. This kind of thinking is probably more of a girl thing though. You men pretty much wear the same clothes 24/7 so I can see where it might be less relevant to many.

BTW, did you just change your avatar???

Archived