Avis drop in Port Canaveral

keasc

I tried Mapquesting it but I couldn't find a Renaissance Hotel in Cape Canaveral or Cocoa Beach. The Avis drop-off is on the main street in the Cocoa Beach area, within 5 minutes of most hotels. We stayed at the Residence Inn and it was very convenient.

I meant Residence.:o Do they have a shuttle to the port.

Thanks for the reply.

Residence does have a shuttle to the port which is $6 pp and starts running at 11:30am, but we had hoped to arrive earlier (there were lots of people waiting to get on that first shuttle).

There were 5 of us, so we had DH drop us off at the port, then return the car to Avis and take their free shuttle back. Problem was, a lot of people were taking the Avis shuttle and he just missed one, so he had to wait and didn't meet us until nearly noon :(

We should have just gone to Avis first thing and had them drop us all at the Port for free. We didn't save any time by having him drop us off and going back to return the car himself.

Maybe more info than you needed :o

That's good info. I was thinking about dropping off the bags at the port, luggage I mean, & then going back to the hotel to pick everyone up & then to Avis. Does this sound good?

That's good info. I was thinking about dropping off the bags at the port, luggage I mean, & then going back to the hotel to pick everyone up & then to Avis. Does this sound good?

I think that is making one trip too many. You can't really drop anything off before 10:30am because the porters rope off the drop-off area. We went during summer which is peak travel season, so maybe that is why we had trouble. Most people report it as being very easy to drop off passengers, return car, and take shuttle to port.

So if I were you, I'd either drop everyone off at the port at 10:30am, drop the car at Avis, and return yourself, via their free shuttle, or just take everyone to Avis with you and have Avis drop all of you off at the port. (this is assuming you want to get there as early as possible.)

I have done this twice and stayed at Country in by I believe the residence and I would definitely take all to Avis drop car take luggage the 10 feet to the van then have them drop you at shipped No fuss easiest way I feel.

Just be careful when you're going from the port to Avis as the road you need to take is a bit confusing (though it looks straight forward on the map). My BIL veered off at the wrong place and got a bit lost. Not a big deal, but we had a pretty long wait for him to get back to us, by the time he found it and got on a shuttle. The bored kids were not happy. :D

Archived