Art Auctions on Silversea?

dwelsh

As usual, Keith, you are correct in saying that this thread has evolved from the OP's original question as many threads do on these boards. As long as the art is there to be enjoyed without any pressure to buy I see no reason not to have it aboard.

Where this thread has also led bothers me a bit more, the fact that security can overhear what we say. It's one thing to have visual security. Even if we're not told so beforehand it's a safe assumption that anywhere public on the ship will be monitored by security cameras. It is not a safe assumption, nor should it be, that we can be listened to as well. I would like to know if this is a ship wide policy or only takes place near Picasso plates. If it is ship wide I would consider it an infringement on my privacy and would certainly keep me from ever booking SS again.

I am in complete agreement. While it is important to have surveillance cameras aboard ship to help prevent criminal acts, which apparently do happen, I too would object to conversation being monitored.

If, as other lines do, having these pages monitored, I belive this is the time for SS to step up to the plate and quash or defend their position on this issue.

Archived