Radiance RFS questions

Do the beds in the second bedroom drop down from the ceiling?

The TVs in the photos look very small. Have they been replaced with flat screens?

The walls look a bit drab in the photos I found. Is the cabin attractive or is the GS better?

Is there a sliding door from the master bedroom or only from the living room?

Is there a significant difference between the RFS on deck 8 vs deck 9?

Is there reserved pool seating for suite holders on the Radiance?

Will the concierge get priority tender tickets for you?

How does the suite seating at the shows work? Reserved rows?

Thank you!

Okay here goes;

We were on the RFS deck 9 on our recent Serenade Cruise.

The corner aft location is excellent. Our room was large enough for the 3 adults we had in it. (no kiddos) The master bedroom & bath is large and very nice.

The other bedroom does have 2 twin beds and 2 pull downs. No tv in that room but one in master and living room area. (not plasma) The bathroom is not in the second bedroom but off the living room.

The living room area is more of a rectangle than a square--like a wide hall not a conversational square design. We did not like it. It was akward to sit and talk, with us all in a line.

We were told that the RFS on deck 7 is the largest. I'm not sure I would want a large family in the RFS on that type of ship.

You do get all the suite benefits

Hope that helps

Thanks Pantherfan!!

Is there any chance you have had a GS and could compare your liking for each?

with a grand suite you have just a hide a bed in the sofa. (other then the bed) and its right there. Nothing to divide you.

ccltzgo

Would you trade a very nice E1 and GS to combine for one RFS? 5 people total (3 adults, 2 teens)

The issue with having comfortable conversations may not come up - since I don't anticipate the young adult and teens spending much time chatting with us :)

ccltzgo

Would you trade a very nice E1 and GS to combine for one RFS? 5 people total (3 adults, 2 teens)

The issue with having comfortable conversations may not come up - since I don't anticipate the young adult and teens spending much time chatting with us :)

Absolutely, I would take the E1 and GS over the RFS...

I also would take the E1 and GS

Bring your adult son to the concierge lounge with you (responding to your other post also)

If I recall on another post you said you had GS 1060, Is has a Very large balcony, was fortunate to be upgraded and stayed their once. Have been on Radiance a few times, and will be again in BOv. Its a beautiful ship,

Good luck and enjoy

That's great input...thanks!

But if my son is in the E1, how would I be alllowed to bring him to the Concierge Lounge? I was told they have a listing of names of the passengers allowed to use the area.

My son is due home from Iraq in about 3 weeks. We are going on this cruise to welcome him home. I want him to have a great time - and thought the free happy hour each evening might be great fun for he and his dad to use (I'm not much of a drinker).

Going to the RFS would give us all the suite perks, but the cabins (1060 and 8102) are in great location and allow for more privacy.

That's great input...thanks!

But if my son is in the E1, how would I be alllowed to bring him to the Concierge Lounge? I was told they have a listing of names of the passengers allowed to use the area.

My son is due home from Iraq in about 3 weeks. We are going on this cruise to welcome him home. I want him to have a great time - and thought the free happy hour each evening might be great fun for he and his dad to use (I'm not much of a drinker).

Going to the RFS would give us all the suite perks, but the cabins (1060 and 8102) are in great location and allow for more privacy.

Book Dad and Son into the GS, you and two nephews in the E. Switch after you board. No one cares where you sleep, as people so often post on Cruise Critic.

Book Dad and Son into the GS, you and two nephews in the E. Switch after you board. No one cares where you sleep, as people so often post on Cruise Critic.

This is a great plan from what i have read on this post. We have had the GS on Serenade with 4 kids in 2 other rooms ( i also vote to keep the regular cabin and the GS over the RFS). The concierge lounge has the most beautiful view with a wall of windows overlooking the sea unlike some of the others on voyager class that are inside rooms. After a few days of the lounge, the concierge ( a new one at the time..cannot recall his name) asked if we were traveling with others and invited the kids ( 2 18 yr olds and 2 21 yr olds) into the lounge on the last 2 evenings. This was several years ago but even if you don't drink, it would be nice for the adults to sit down and enjoy the lounge for a short time. It never hurts to ask.:D

Archived