Starbucks Canada & Wifi

Have any of you starbucks lovers used the wifi at starbucks in Canada? I was wondering if we can sign up online to use it up there?

Does the starbucks at Canada Place participate in the wifi offer?

I know the Pan Pacific charges for wifi (like they don't already charge enough for their rooms.

I figure with the Alaska cruises coming to an end this year, maybe the recent cruisers that stayed up there could help answer this.

Thanks

All Starbucks WIFI is free if you have ATT U-Verse service at home. But the coffee is better at Tim Horton's. Much better and not bitter!

Starbucks (CANADA) do not require you to have an American AT&T service -- unavailable in Canada -- at home.

Here's the details for Canadian Starbucks

http://www.starbucks.ca/en-ca/_Our+Stores/Wireless.htm

As for coffee, near the cruise ship, there are a couple of MUCH better alternatives;

1) Caffe Artigiano (generally regarded as the best coffee in Vancouver), multiple outlets, the nearest being atW.Hastings & Howe

2) Mario's on Howe just north of Dunsmuir.

Reason I was asking this is that when my husband asked the personnel behind the counter at Starbucks at the Pan Pacific, they said that they did not have free wireless.

When I look on Starbucks site looking for Canada it shows a bell account is needed, so It looks like I can't sign up for it online.

In the U.S. you sign up and you don't have to have an account with any other provider.

So where would be the closest restaurants with free wifi where you don't have to have an account with any services.

Starbucks (CANADA) do not require you to have an American AT&T service -- unavailable in Canada -- at home.

Here's the details for Canadian Starbucks

http://www.starbucks.ca/en-ca/_Our+Stores/Wireless.htm

As for coffee, near the cruise ship, there are a couple of MUCH better alternatives;

1) Caffe Artigiano (generally regarded as the best coffee in Vancouver), multiple outlets, the nearest being atW.Hastings & Howe

2) Mario's on Howe just north of Dunsmuir.

I guess I was typing mine while you posted. So does this mean 2 hours is free, but unlimited is another choice but only if you belong to Bell. Also it said as of June, was this June this year 2009. It was May this year that we were there.

Thank you.

But the coffee is better at Tim Horton's. Much better and not bitter!

Not sure that I agree with this, Tim Hortons coffee is blended by a vendor who will remain nameless but is done in a manner to accommodate Canadian's passion for cream and sugar...in fact in Tim Hortons' commercials they promote the double double....double cream and double sugar. The only way I enjoy it is to order it with double cream but no sugar....otherwise I am a black coffee drinker and love that burnt bean taste that we on the west coast have come to enjoy, largely, but not entirely, thru the efforts of Starbucks.:)

I confess: I love a double, double at Tim's. I also make sure I add to my Tim's cup and kitchenware collection each trip to Canada. I think it was Putterdude who taught me how to order a black coffee at Tim's. Age and weight considerations have forced me to slim down!

I think it was Putterdude who taught me how to order a black coffee at Tim's. Age and weight considerations have forced me to slim down!

I'm curious. Is there a better way than just saying "large black coffee, please"?

I think it was Putterdude who taught me how to order a black coffee at Tim's. Age and weight considerations have forced me to slim down!

You are blaming the wrong guy, I think Timmy'ds does a great job in many respects and I particularly like their soups, sandwiches and chilli .....but I am not a fan of their coffee or the way they serve it with those outdated, cheap plastic travel lids.:eek:

I'm curious. Is there a better way than just saying "large black coffee, please"?

The deal is to ask for "black all the way to the top". Tim's people are so used to leaving room for all that cream and sugar that you get about 90% of a cup of coffee.

I love visiting Canada and often have to do so for my work. No problem especially during a Texas summer.

...but I am not a fan of their coffee or the way they serve it with those outdated, cheap plastic travel lids.

Thank you! They are indeed ridiculous. I don't need that big of an open area through which to attempt to sip my coffee. I don't drink TH for this reason. Give me an adult sippy-cup lid any day! :D

My son spilled his hot chocolate all over himself while attemting to drink from a Tim's cup/lid. Because there is no "raised point" on their lid, he guestimated the opening (albeit wrongly) and his hot drink spilled out of the lid and all down his shirt. Umm, yeah he was driving... his bad....

One thing that Tim's is great for is my standard order of "Sausage Breakfast Sandwich on a 12 grain bagel please" (yes you can swap a bagel for the biscuit; no charge). Way better than the competition for a quick breakfast on the run.

Have any of you starbucks lovers used the wifi at starbucks in Canada? I was wondering if we can sign up online to use it up there?

Does the starbucks at Canada Place participate in the wifi offer?

I have no clue about Canada Place wifi, but at the Starbucks near me in Ontario, I just needed to purchase a coffee card and free access was included with it. I bought a $10 card, then bought a coffee and sat and used the internet.

I have no clue about Canada Place wifi, but at the Starbucks near me in Ontario, I just needed to purchase a coffee card and free access was included with it. I bought a $10 card, then bought a coffee and sat and used the internet.

I called the Bell company on that link from Scottbee and they told me I would need to have a separate starbucks account (one for AT&T in US and one for Bell in Canada) But the starbucks site leads me to believe that you don't have to sign up, it appears I would be using my username and password from my starbucks card account. If anyone has tried this and knows if this is how it works, please let me know.

Of course bell says if I have any problems call them [sure I will and what will that end up costing me on my US cell phone:confused:

I called the Bell company on that link from Scottbee and they told me I would need to have a separate starbucks account (one for AT&T in US and one for Bell in Canada) But the starbucks site leads me to believe that you don't have to sign up, it appears I would be using my username and password from my starbucks card account. If anyone has tried this and knows if this is how it works, please let me know.

Of course bell says if I have any problems call them [sure I will and what will that end up costing me on my US cell phone:confused:

Looks like they changed the wifi since I used it and I don't have the bell accounts. If I have time I'll try to check it out near me.

Don't sweat it, there are so many places in downtown Vancouver to get internet access.

Archived