Crowne Plaza or Doubletree

codyboy

We have stayed at both recently. Both are good properties and would recommend either. We have a fondness for the DTI because of its park like setting and the fact that it overlooks the marina and the LA Yacht Club, to us it is classic coastal California. The CP is in an urban location in downtown San Pedro which is undergoing a gentrification and has lots of nice. rather unique shops, that you can walk too. You can't wrong with either one....but our fave is still the DTI.

I would say that the DTI has a better view if you request a view out over the marina; their windows also open. The CP has views out over the San Pedro harbour which is quite industrial in nature. Also the CP's windows have a blue film on them which make them look dirty. Here are a couple of pix from our DTI room.

I stayed at the crown plaza two years ago. I liked the hotel. I had a room that overlooked the cruise terminal. Sunday morning i looked out of my window and saw the Star docked. I am staying at the crown plaza again this march. for another cruise on the star.

Archived