price comparison and discrepancy

meow!

Our posting on the neighbouring Silversea column should be just as relevant to this Oceania column. This year, most cruise lines are giving specials, and we have compared Oceania with Silversea on a typical itinerary, Venice to Athens, the one we sailed on the Nautica just last October for 2010 pricing, for those of you interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1050598

P.S. As for those who may object to comparing "apples with oranges", they are both fruits. It may be interesting to compare with grape fruits too.

Our posting on the neighbouring Silversea column should be just as relevant to this Oceania column. This year, most cruise lines are giving specials, and we have compared Oceania with Silversea on a typical itinerary, Venice to Athens, the one we sailed on the Nautica just last October for 2010 pricing, for those of you interested.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1050598

P.S. As for those who may object to comparing "apples with oranges", they are both fruits. It may be interesting to compare with grape fruits too.

meow,

Thanks for the comparison and the work involved.

Does Silversea offer air credit when free air is no longer available?

I doubt if Silversea will offer air credit if "included air" is no longer available for a particular voyage. On their website, most 2010 voyages still have included air. Their "hard copy" calendar shows nearly all 2010 voyages with included air. I don't know the status of the particular voyage cited in my example -- the website shows air not included but the book says air included!

I doubt if Silversea will offer air credit if "included air" is no longer available for a particular voyage. On their website, most 2010 voyages still have included air. Their "hard copy" calendar shows nearly all 2010 voyages with included air. I don't know the status of the particular voyage cited in my example -- the website shows air not included but the book says air included!

Thank you, meow, for your great efforts, setting out the pricing comparison.

We have cruised twice with Oceania, and would consider Silversea, but for their more formal dress code. Living in Australia, we like to head off a week or so prior to a cruise, check in to a nice hotel, get over our jetlag etc and after the cruise finishes continue on travelling for a few more days.

We each prefer to use our 30kg per suitcase allowance, for shopping while away rather than transporting formal wear:)

It doesn't matter to me what the comparison is, I don't want to cruise on Silverseas. We prefer Oceania and what it offers us. Like Fontana, one of the reasons is dress code. We live in an area that dresses in Country Club Casual all the time, it would mean we would have to go out and buy a new wardrobe just for dinner and then carry it. I prefer to spend my money on something else. Thanks, but no thanks.

We too live in an area where Country Club Casual is acceptable attire for most every occasion.......for husband to wear a sport coat is FORMAL gear LOL! So, to have to purchase, pack and then lug the stuff half way round the world seems pretty silly. If they relaxed their dress code, it would be appealing........

Archived