How to get from Girona airport to the ship?

I assume you fly Ryanair. It´s easy, you have a regular bus service from the airport, to Barcelona downtown. These services are linked to the arrival of all Ryanair flights. While in Barcelona, a taxi to the port. It´s not far, and fares are not high

Thanks for your prompt response. Do you know if a private taxi would be quicker? Our international flight was cancelled this week so we have beene been rescheduled to arrive at GRO at 14:40 -- do you think we can make it to the pier by 17:00 by bus? I am really worried we will be pressed for time.

Thanks again :)

You don´t have much time, and you need to hurry. The next bus it´s at 15:00 arriving to Barcelona at 16:15. A taxi to the port wouldn´t take more than 30 minutes.

http://www.sagales.com/pubdocs/1232_aeroport-girona-costa-brava---barcelona-(estacio-nord)-2009-07-14.pdf

You should be able to get if everything runs smoothly. Renting a car would be quicker but I suppose you are not familiar with the traffic directions in Barcelona, unless you take a GPS. So I highly recommend a taxi (about 120 euros), or a private transfer, which is more effective and slightly more expensive (from 150 to 200 euros).

Girona is not close to Barcelona, despite having the Barcelona-Girona Airport label.

Thanks for your prompt response. Do you know if a private taxi would be quicker? Our international flight was cancelled this week so we have beene been rescheduled to arrive at GRO at 14:40 -- do you think we can make it to the pier by 17:00 by bus? I am really worried we will be pressed for time.

Thanks again :)

if u are cruising with RCCL they have a strict boarding policy prior to sailing.

I would consider rebooking to arrive the previous day, there is a cheap but adequate hotel close by the terminal and a Novotel close to the airport. I really would not trust your timings with Ryanair; you have to collect your luggage, clear immigration (sometimes) and wait for the bus to depart. The motorway approaching Barcelona can be very busy and Barcelona traffic can be bloody. Let us know how you get on, it is tighter than I would wish for.

Good Luck

Archived