If it wasn't for Cruise Critic...

Sailing on the 12th!!!!!:D Not many questions to ask now thanks to CC (Thank you), so finally, finish off this sentence...

"If it wasn't for Cruise Critic I wouldn't have known that........"

Happy cruising to all !!!!

Almost everything I know about cruising in general was provided by the members of Cruise Critic. I will be forever in their debt. Makes cruising life a lot easier...know what I mean:cool:

That's what we all come here for, knowledge and enthusiasm.;)

Like Linkerbink said, I wouldn't know about checking for price drops. Even though I've been a member for nine years, I didn't check for price drops until my last cruise (Feb). I saved $40pp...nothing like the cRaZy price drops I see on these boards, but it went towards tips. :)

Shortly I'm gonna start working on my Liberty excursions. I MAY go against the grain for the first time and use a non-sponsored company for the excursion. Without CC, I wouldn't have experienced people to ask whom I should go with.

There are a few other things but I can't remember. I will admit I've learned the majority of things about cruising BY cruising and discovering everything on my own, which is usually more fun than knowing every single thing about a ship before even boarding. I'm sure someone'll post something and I'll go, "Yeah, me too!"

I've learned and shared so much over the years :)

Probably the most important thing I've learned not to do is to follow the suggestions for items to pack. Most of what is on those lists are not necessary for everyone.

What I have learned to do is not be concerned about what other people are wearing, or make quick assumptions about them.

I absolutely agree with the addicting comment!

I would not have known:

• To keep checking for price drops, as others have mentioned.
  • About meet & mingles or roll calls. How great are those roll calls??! LOVE 'EM!!!
  • What private tour to book in Dominica in order to experience as much as possible in one day.
  • About the "Why Not" blogsite.
  • About several great cruise documentaries on TV.

I've learned more than I can remember from reading this site. In addition to the boards - including the port of call boards - the ship reviews provide such valuable information.

I love this place!!!

If it wasn't for Cruise Critic...

...I wouldn't have anyplace to use my "lime cat" avatar.

...I wouldn't have so much information on new ships, cruising news or port info.

...I wouldn't have met the great folks I have met during the various Meet & Mingles.

...I would have wasted all the time I have spent reading and posting on Cruise Critic doing other boring, unmportant activities...like work. ;)

Eric

If it wasn't for Cruise Critic I wouldn't have known that

- you can get price drops after you book a cruise

- you can get a lot of suggestions about what to do at ports of call

- you can get to the ship early for embarkation and eat lunch

And a ton of other great information. You guys are awesome.

If it wasnt for the great people cruise critic I would not have known..

That I could have more than one entree or dessert in the dining room.

A million and one uses for duct tape! (Who would have ever thought to bring duct tape on a cruise?)

That I can get a release from the cruise line so I can have my pictures reproduced at Walgreens or wherever.

What a chair hog is and what to do with one when I see one! (throw them overboard)

What the balcony club is and that the membership must be renewed on each and every cruise.

how to smuggle alcohol on board. (I have now become an outlaw)

and last but not least. Pack what I think I will need, then go back and take out about half, and I will still have too much!

I wouldnt have known that I cant go to the dinning room naked!!:p

I wouldnt have known that there are sooooo many answers to one question, and how are you supposed to know which one is correct.:confused:

and like everyone else

I wouldnt have known how addicting this darn board is, and how riled up I can get reading some posts.:D

Archived