Hamburgers on Spirit

LindaKE

Somewhere I read that at one of the fast food type restaurants on Spirit the poster had the "best hamburgers they'd ever tasted". I did a search and found countless references to where to get hamburgers, but I can't find that particular comment. I'm guessing it was at Blue Lagoon, Bier Garten, or possibly one of the bars. Does anyone know which specific restaurant has those "best hamburgers ever tasted"? Would hamburgers be the same anywhere on the ship? Sometimes all I want for lunch is a hamburger.

I wished cruise ships could get bread delivery everyday or every other day similar to fast food restaurants at home. Unfortunately cruise ships usually reprovision food items once a week at their home ports for one week cruises. Its even a longer period of time for cruises longer than one week.

If you are expecting fresh buns baked the night before one doesn't take a cruise....

One can say the same with all the food items aboard a ship. Don't expect fresh items aboard when cruise ships don't restock everyday.....

Frankly, I don't consider hamburgers and pizza fine upscale dining? When continental cuisine is available, why would anyone wish to dine on common everyday food? A cruise provides the opportunity to dine with meals not normally available in many towns. Experiment and try new foods....

Most of us are regular down to earth people . Not like some of the people with there noses in the air trying to impress people. Give me a Mc Donalds and a Walmart and I am one happy camper. Maybe I should say cruiser.

As for "fresh bread"....it's called storing it in the freezer. That is what I do and when I want a nice fresh roll I take it out and it taste as fresh as the day I bought it. ;)

Hamburgers are a treat that I do not often indulge in here at home....trying to keep my 60 something figure at 60 something is becoming a challenge....but on our cruise I give up all that "health nonsense" so I can totally enjoy myself. A good hamburger on a cruise at lunch time is a treat. I save the gourmet fare for dining at dinner.

We were surprised at how good the burgers were when we were on the Spirit. My wife had one in the Blue Lagoon and I had one at the poolside bar-b-que.

I would not say that they are the best in the world but they are the best that we have tasted on a ship!

I know this thread is about burgers on the Spirit, however I have to say one of the best burgers I have ever had was on the Sun on the Aft Garden Cafe. They were so good I had to have at least one a day. Please note I said at least one a day. We were so busy with excursions on that cruise that even eating that many burgers I lost 13 lbs that week. Doug kept me so on the go I literally wondered for a minute if he was trying to kill me for the insurance money.. LOL. We had a good time that cruise.

Frankly, I don't consider hamburgers and pizza fine upscale dining? When continental cuisine is available, why would anyone wish to dine on common everyday food? A cruise provides the opportunity to dine with meals not normally available in many towns. Experiment and try new foods....

Don I am usually eye to eye with you on postings, but this is one time Im going to have a different view on things. Ever so often on a cruise I get to the point where I just want some simple "comfort" food. To me a good burger is comfort food. That is actually one reason I enjoyed the Sun as much as I did as they had the Pacific something or other (sorry can't remember the name and too lazy to look it up) that had comfort food but with a healthy slant. The "healthy slant" made me nervous about trying it, but it was actually very good. Sad thing is I can never remember the name of the place.. LOL

Sometimes a good old cheeseburger in paradise with a beer is just what the doctor ordered! :rolleyes:

Regarding the stale buns mentioned earlier, are they flexible enough to slather a little butter on the buns and grill them? IMHO that would make the stale buns pretty sweet.

Also, is the meat made into patties when they are making it, or is it the frozen pre-made pattie kind? I'm hoping they are made onsite, but ...

Thanks!

All I can add is if I could move the blue Lagoon and their cooks to a corner near my house, I would never go anywhere else for a burger. Never had stale bread on our trip and my entire party of 5 thought everything we ever got there was excellent. I even left a "kudos" card for the chefs.

I had the most delicious cheeseburger right at the barbeque on the Spirit. Sometimes gormet food does not interest me at all, I find it very easy to find any kind of great food on the Spirit. I also love McDonalds, boxed wine and WalMart. Does this make me any less of a cruiser? I'd say I'm just a easy to please salt of the earth person who loves to cruise.

We were on the Spirit a few years ago, and they had a terrific barbeque a few times at Raffles (aft near the kids water area.) They were doing strip steaks, chicken, burgers and dogs.

Do they still do those kettle barbeques on sea days?

most of us are regular down to earth people . Not like some of the people with there noses in the air trying to impress people. Give me a mc donalds and a walmart and i am one happy camper. Maybe i should say cruiser.

amen! :d

Archived