6:15am flight at BCN, shuttle bus question

marsipan

hi all,

we're about to book our hotel stay for the day & night after our cruise ends, sun oct 18. our flight leaves monday oct 19, 6:15am. the hotel we're looking into has a shuttle bus service, but it starts at 5am. even though the hotel is close to the airport (3km) i am doubting if we'll have enough time to make our flight in time (i have no idea how customs/security is at BCN).

i know we can take a cab if the shuttle bus won't work out, does anyone have any idea how much that would be?

thanks in advance!

For sure, do not take the shuttle. No need to make it that close.

Your hotel would be the best place to ask your question about how much a cab would cost. I can tell you that a cab from the airport to a hotel in the Ramblas/ Eixample area is about 25 Euros, it takes less than 30 mins. So I would think if your hotel is close to the airport it shouldn't be more than 10-15 euros.

hi all,

we're about to book our hotel stay for the day & night after our cruise ends, sun oct 18. our flight leaves monday oct 19, 6:15am. the hotel we're looking into has a shuttle bus service, but it starts at 5am. even though the hotel is close to the airport (3km) i am doubting if we'll have enough time to make our flight in time (i have no idea how customs/security is at BCN).

i know we can take a cab if the shuttle bus won't work out, does anyone have any idea how much that would be?

thanks in advance!

If it is a domestic flight, the 5am shuttle will be fine. Barcelona's airport was large but well organized IMO and if you check in for your flight online and print boarding passes ahead of time, getting to the airport one hour early is okay.

For an international flight (and I'm guessing it's an international flight since you mentioned customs), you probably want a taxi so you can arrive 2 hours before your flight.

As far as taxi fares - count on at least 10 euro based on these fees:

2.00 euro starting rate

1.10 euro per km

0.31 euro per waiting minute (in traffic)

3.10 euro airport supplement

1.00 euro per suitcase

There is also an additional charge if the hotel calls a taxi for you (instead of "finding" one on the street).

thanks for your replies! i will check with the hotel i was considering.. right now we're debating on a hotel close to the airport or close to ramblas where we want to do some sightseeing the day we dock.. i'll be so happy when i book this bc then all the 'research' part will be over and i can enjoy the anticipation of just waiting and doing nothing!

If it is a domestic flight, the 5am shuttle will be fine. Barcelona's airport was large but well organized IMO and if you check in for your flight online and print boarding passes ahead of time, getting to the airport one hour early is okay.

For an international flight (and I'm guessing it's an international flight since you mentioned customs), you probably want a taxi so you can arrive 2 hours before your flight.

As far as taxi fares - count on at least 10 euro based on these fees:

2.00 euro starting rate

1.10 euro per km

0.31 euro per waiting minute (in traffic)

3.10 euro airport supplement

1.00 euro per suitcase

There is also an additional charge if the hotel calls a taxi for you (instead of "finding" one on the street).

Aren't those the day rates? The night rates will be higher.

Aren't those the day rates? The night rates will be higher.

It was my understanding that day rates are 2 euro to start + 0,86 euro per km + 18,60 per waiting hour (0,31/min). Night rates are 2 euro + 1,10 per km + 18,80 per waiting hour.

There is an additional 2 euro supplement for Friday/Saturday/Sunday nights. I'm not sure if Monday at 4am would count as Sunday night? (Probably...)

Full details:

http://www.taxibarcelona.cat/Portals/0/pdfs/Tarifes%20Taxi%202009.pdf

To the OP - since you won't be able to take advantage of the airport shuttle anyway, I would advise looking for a hotel in the city center. It will maximize your time for touring on the day you disembark rather than heading somewhere to store your luggage for the day until you are ready for bed. The cab fare whether you stay downtown or near the airport will only be 15 euros difference and you will be able to stay in the heart of things.

Archived