Round trip luggage

ShadwellLondon

Hi there

I've checked the threads for this and can't find an answer.

We're doing the Transatlantic roundtrip in October. Southampton to New York and return.

Does anyone know when we get to New York what happens with our luggage? Do we have to pack and leave the luggage to be picked up by the stewards or can we leave the luggage on board? If we have to pack up and go through customs how does the luggage get back on board?

We may or may not go into the city for a few hours so having to wait for luggage will take time out of the day.

Has anyone done the roundtrip to know how it works?

Many thanks

I am doing also a roundtrip in October- Soto- NY- Soto, starting at Oct. 13. - so I presume we are on the same voyages shadewell. My understanding is, too, that we do not have to show up with lugage- since we are kind of " in transit"! I look forward though to spend two wonderful weeks on board " The Mary" ! Off topic - but I am still thinking about take the Cunard bus to Manhattan and back. Not sure yet though whats better- privat transportation ( ueber... cab..) or the coach with Cunard.

Off topic - but I am still thinking about take the Cunard bus to Manhattan and back. Not sure yet though whats better- privat transportation ( ueber... cab..) or the coach with Cunard.

I'd recommend a taxi or hired car (we use Dial7.com) - it'll be a bit cheaper for 2 (or more) and more convenient.

I am doing also a roundtrip in October- Soto- NY- Soto, starting at Oct. 13. - so I presume we are on the same voyages shadewell. My understanding is, too, that we do not have to show up with lugage- since we are kind of " in transit"! I look forward though to spend two wonderful weeks on board " The Mary" ! Off topic - but I am still thinking about take the Cunard bus to Manhattan and back. Not sure yet though whats better- privat transportation ( ueber... cab..) or the coach with Cunard.

I find the Cunard transport prices very expensive and if you can find an alternative means then go for it. Keep an eye on the time though. Don't want to miss the ship!

Or the third option, if you don't have any mobility issues, use the Subway...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2013/06/24/one-way-to-do-new-york-brooklyn-to-central-park-via-the-highline-walk/

CarrollStreetSubwayStationcopySR_zpsb78c9cff.jpg

Other than that, take a cab from outside the Brooklyn Terminal...

31210939584_b636c57466_z.jpg

Thanks a lot Solent Richard for your help- I consider takeing a cab. The only reason for even considering the Cunard Transport into NYC is the distance from an to Red Hook- " the wont miss the ship reason" ! I took a cab to join the QM2 last year and cab driver had no idea where to get to the ship.