MSC Yacht Club

Max49

We are cruising next month on the Divina. We have a balcony fantastica , and MSC is offering us and upgrade to yacht club for $700 more. Is it worth it?

Thanks, Max

Don't forget that in the YC you will get all inclusive drinks which are about $34 pppd ($476 for 2 people for 7 days ) in a fantastica .

so that's only $224 ($16pppd) for the extra benefits of the YC...... BARGAIN

Go for it !!!!!!!

Edited by Skier52

It's $45 pppd for More-for-Less x 7 = $630 for 2 people!!!

so its only $5 pppd for YC extras

EVEN MORE OF A BARGAIN THAN I THOUGHT

I used £22 x 1.55 as a rough estimate of what the prices were when they were in my brochure for UK,seems prices have gone up

It's now £34 for the premium package (thats $40.8 at tody's exchange rate)

Edited by Skier52

Wow, 8 unanimous replies in 2 hours. I would be nice to live like the rich & famous for a week.

My wife does not drink any alcohol. I do and I bought the 18 drink package and MSC said they would refund that.

I've been googling yacht club and it seems it gets rave reviews. However I did see one thing, maybe someone can tell me if it's accurate.

I read that the YC all inclusive drinks package is only in the yacht club area and once you go into the other areas of the ship, you have to buy your drinks.

Does any one know if this is true?

true.... but....

you can get your drinks from the YC to go....

you do have a stocked mini bar....

or you can keep the vouchers that you purchased.

I don't know how long this deal is for. I know on other lines, if you wait too long, they go to the next people on the list.

(btw, we're on the same cruise as you, in the YC).:)

Wow, 8 unanimous replies in 2 hours. I would be nice to live like the rich & famous for a week.

My wife does not drink any alcohol. I do and I bought the 18 drink package and MSC said they would refund that.

I've been googling yacht club and it seems it gets rave reviews. However I did see one thing, maybe someone can tell me if it's accurate.

I read that the YC all inclusive drinks package is only in the yacht club area and once you go into the other areas of the ship, you have to buy your drinks.

Does any one know if this is true?

There are rumours that the YC all inclusive is going ship wide in 2017, but they are only rumours no factual evidence yet

Edited by Skier52

We did it! We are Yacht Club. Did it by phone, don;t have a cabin # yet.

Somebody asked how many YC cabins have balconies. I gave up a rear facing balcony, first time for us, I will probably need a straight jacket, if I paid $700 extra for an inside cabin.

Please tell me there is no such thing as Yacht Club Inside cabins.

Somebody asked how many YC cabins have balconies. I gave up a rear facing balcony, first time for us, I will probably need a straight jacket, if I paid $700 extra for an inside cabin.

No inside cabins in YC on MSC Divina.

There are no inside cabins in The Yacht Club on the Divina. But there will be a few on their new ship the Seaside. There are 3 or 4 suites without balconies on a deck other than 15 or 16 but they do have very large panoramic windows . I don't remember which deck. Do note though that the majority of the suites are not very large. No larger than a mini-suite on other ships which are only a little bit larger than a regular balcony room. But they are very nicely appointed.

We were upgraded from a balcony room to a suite last month on the Divina for $700 for the two of us. IT WAS WELL WORTH IT!!!!! Service was FABULOUS! Private dining room for breakfast lunch and dinner. We spent most of our time in the Top Sail Lounge because it was so sunny hot and humid in the Carribbean. Private pool. hot tubs and sun deck. We didn't leave the Yacht Club area much at all but when we did we took drinks with us from there.

BEWARE: You will never want to go back to a regular room again!!!!

There are no inside YC cabins on any of the four Fantasia class ships. The new class such as the Seaside will have them.

We love YC and it's too bad the Lirica and Musica class ships don't have it, but their Aurea suites are nice and there's all-inclusive drinks and My Choice dining in the evening.

I have a couple of questions for people that have been offered YC upgrades. Did you book with a travel agent or with MSC directly? I have a Fantastica Balcony on the Divina booked for 12/6/2016. I called my travel agent last week to look into upgrading and I was told that there was a possibility, that in order to upgrade MSC would have to cancel my original reservation and I could lose half of the original fare. I am obviously not willing to do that. Also, I am wondering if the upgrades are offered to passengers with just regular Fantastica balconies or ones that are larger or unique? We are booked in room 9145 which is turned longways, it has a double length balcony and is set up with a living room and a bedroom with a wall halfway across dividing the two areas. I am holding off on buying the premium drink package until a couple of weeks before the cruise because if we are offered an upgrade, I want to be able to jump on it. Right now, it appears the YC is sold out for our cruise but every now and then, one becomes available. Also, do they ever offer upgrades to Aurea Suites? There are some still available on our cruise.

What is the best Hotel in Miami, cruising in January 2017.

Thinking of Hilton downtown or the Intercontinental downtown?:)

This is the #1 rated hotel in Miami according to TripAdvisor AND here with the cruise critic members.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34438-d2253238-Reviews-Hampton_Inn_Suites_by_Hilton_Miami_Brickell_Downtown-Miami_Florida.html Read all the reviews...

Edited by champagne123
ffff

We booked directly with MSC and our agent there called us with the offer. We were also in a rear facing balcony (Bella) and had purchased drink packages for both weeks. They refunded the cost of the drink packages and were able to put us into the same YC1 cabin for both weeks, so we don't have to move. We were looking forward to the aft facing balcony, a first for us, but figured this upgrade was worth the change. And, a nice bonus, our cost for the MSC insurance didn't go up.

In the YC dining room, do many people share tables? We enjoy having dinner with others and usually do the fixed seating dining at a table for 6-8, which isn't an option in YC.

We are in the front most cabin on the port or left side, cabin 15001, right next to the Top Sail Lounge. I hope we don't hear music or excessive noise al night. Has any one had this cabin or another one next to the Top Sail?

We booked directly with MSC. They havent refunded my drink packages yet but they did charge the $700 on the same card.

What is the best Hotel in Miami, cruising in January 2017.

Thinking of Hilton downtown or the Intercontinental downtown?:)

As someone who has sailed on a LOT of cruises out of Miami, I always watch in frustration as people recommend and choose hotels in downtown Miami.

It really is like sailing out of New York and staying in Brooklyn. It's nice but it's not Manhattan!

Go on TripAdvisor and stay in South Beach ... there's tons of nightlife, great restaurants, a wonderful beach and fabulous people watching. It's a simple 15 minute cab ride to the pier in the morning, especially with the new tunnel.