Nikon aw 100 Or Nikon s30 or...

toxicfairy

I saw a few posts that said the Nikon aw130 was a decent camera for snorkling. I'll only use around once a year so $250 & up ( mostly closer to $300) is just too much right now. I just saw a handful of used ones on line

Nikon aw100, Nikon s30 and Nikon s33. Does anyone know if any of these are any good? Thanks!

The aw 130 are over $120 USED.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I see Amazon has the Aw100 discontinued model for $109, a newer model for $146 and all waterproof. No WiFi.

I wanted to get the Olympus TG-4 when they came out but they came out a few weeks after one of my cruises.

Either Nikon or Olympus waterproof/shockproof are good point and shoot cameras.

The WiFi cost more but I was sure happy to have that. Transfer pics to my ipad while on board as back up to the pics in my camera.

Enjoy your purchase whatever you get

I used an AW100 for a number of years but never took it snorkeling. I did check it in a pool once and it did not leak. I gave it to my son and he reports it takes good video. If I recall there is a waterproofing seal around the battery/memory card compartment that may need to be replaced, depending on the "used" condition of the camera.

The photo below was taken with an AW100 to give you an idea of photo quality.

p1494264016-4.jpg

I've owned the AW100 for about four years. I bought it to have a small waterproof camera with me on an expedition to Antarctica, and it was a great little camera to have in my pocket on the zodiacs. I have since used it a few times for snorkeling and at the beach, with no problems. Here are a few images:

Big%20silver%20fish%202%201024x807_zpshyhljlpj.jpg

Fish%20Fight%202%201024x592_zpsggzzkpak.jpg

Trunk%20Bay%201024x642_zpso0hofhfy.jpg

Brown%20booby%203%201024x529_zpsl1c1y9gn.jpg

Thank you . I took a chance and ordered 2 aw100 cameras. got them used for $85 and $65 haven't gotten them yet but both say in "like new condition" guess that is to be seen. I will check them out before the cruise and if need be have the seals replaced. We only cruise once every year or two. so they wouldn't get much use, seems a $300 camera might be over kill for me.

• 4 months later...

So I finally checked out the Nikon aw100 I got. I took them to my brother's house for a swim/ play date with my 8 yr old niece. The pictures are really good. And the camera had no leaks ! So I guess it was a really good deal!! Also got a full face mask that I took with me and wow that thing is awesome too. Now I just have to wait 51 days for our cruise: }

I recommend the Nikon D5600. The D5600 has a smaller battery than its bigger brothers, yet surprisingly its autonomy is not that much reduced. I was able to take pictures for two days without worrying about the battery level. I was also able to record nearly an hour of video with the display turned on without needing to recharge the battery.v2-92d5559ddebd88d1e4c5b39febba8c16_b.jpg